[14M] can’t progress upper body in gym :(

sus81

Bicep days usually do:

4 sets of 5 bench press

4 sets of 8-12 barbell c u r l standing up

4 sets of 8 dumbbell c u r l each side

4 sets of 8 on bicep machine depending on which one I want to do (either c u r l machines, pull down, pull back idk the names)

I’ve been stuck at 30 pound c u r l bar for literally a month and haven’t been able to go above that

My bench press only gained 7.5 weight in a month (from 10 each side to 17.5 each side)

My dumbells have been stuck at either 15, 20 depending on exercise.

My arms are still really skinny.

I drink a 20g plant based protein powder mixed with milk after every workout, and I do eat quite a lot, although I’m not sure if I’m eating a lot. But when I do eat too much, my stomach gets super fat.

I need serious help please.

@sus81 Just gotta keep working bud. I found that when I felt like I'd hit a wall, implementing supersets with lighter weights towards the end of the workout to fully fatigue the muscle helped alot.
Don't focus on moving weight focus on controlling it. A controlled negative is key for muscle fatigue.
Also not sure how long you've been utilising this split for, but changing your exercises up every couple months will help to shock the muscle.
Try switching to a back/bicep + chest/tricep split and see if it helps out.
This is all just my opinion from what I've experienced in weight training so take it with a grain of salt. All the best and happy training man!

@sus81 Gotta work our more than your arms I’d say bud. For me my arms started growing only recently, when I started doing body weight pullups and dips, as well as doing db curls 4 sets with drop sets.

I think it’s because I was working out the long head and short head, but more importantly the triceps. Width and size from the side grows much more with the triceps being worked, and the long head of the bicep is the longer muscle and therefore the more prominent when bigger. Seated bicep curls, extending the arm behind you at the end of the eccentric, is a good one for the long head. Skullcrushers are good for Triceps, and close-grip bench press. If you’re into calisthenics, loaded diamond pushups are good for triceps too.

I’m not a professional or anything but these are some things that have worked for me! X