1st week gym

katasamu

Hey guys sup?
Soo after many years of fears I finally stepped into a gym
I've researched a lot on the subject and have found a starting point, I'd share my workout program below and I'd like to know what you guys think about it
The first day it was kind of scary, but now I start feeling more confident about going back
I exercise 3 times a day (Mon, Tue, Fri) I also started eating more mostly peanut butter and oats, I also try to get 1-2 bananas a day
My fitness goal is not to be super bulky but simply have a good looking physique, my target weight is 165 pounds actually I'm 123 pounds
I'm aware of the fact that it's probably going to take me like 18 months to 2 years to reach
But I want to do this the right way going slowly but surely
Anyway here is my program hope I can get your insights

Workout routine

W A
- Warm up : 10 min jog
- Push-ups : 35+
- Pull ups : 3
5+
- Barbell rows : 35+
- Bench press : 3
5+
- Squats : 3*5+

W B
- Warm up : 10 min jog
- Push-ups : 35+
- Abs : 3
5+
- Wide pull-ups : 35+
- OHP : 3
5+
- Deadlifts : 3*5+

@katasamu the good: very simple and focuses on big lifts with a good muscle building to time ratio. then its up to you to apply effort and do more than last week.

some considerations: you will eventually probably want a curl/tricep extension/lateral raise isolation but it is very easy to just grab a couple pairs of dumbbells or sit at the cable stack and superset them all. maybe a direct core isolation. warmup jog not strictly necessary if you can just do the movement pattern much lighter

@katasamu yeah it wont kill you its probably not essential unless you are quite sedentary before you train and just need it to loosen you up. the point of a warmup is mostly to get blood into the areas you are working out and get you focused on the movement you are about to be doing which the empty bar/less weight than you workout with for a lot of reps does the job for the most part

@katasamu It's actually not too bad, given the circumstances.

These are all better.

In fact, this is the wiki they came from. You seem to have a better handle on this than a lot of newbies, but it is definitely worth a read.

Also, I would caution against making training an intellectual enterprise. Researching and writing programs seems fun, but the real fun is in progress.

@ivans Thank you for your reply
I actually read some part of the wiki and as you said my program is based on that
As I'm a beginner I want to start taking it slowly and learning the moves and getting the habit of performing good forms if that makes sense