4 x a week to 5

miralha

I started CrossFit in March going 3 x a week I did that till July, I switched to 4 x a week and it was an easy transition.

This week I decided to start 5x a week... Oh my ... My hands are raw, my whole body hurts...why is 5x a week so much harder than 4x.. anyone else struggle with transition? How long till your body adjusted? I'm as sore as when I first started 😂

@miralha I go 5 days/week and some days I just don’t go 100%. Make sure you’re fueling your body appropriately (I count my macros) and sleep enough as well.

Give it a few weeks where you really make sure you’re recovering appropriately and if you still feel like you’re feeling tired maybe go back down to 4. You have to listen to your body or your body will make you listen to it. You don’t want to get injured and out yourself in a position where you can’t train all.

@aaaa12 I haven't started counting macros only protein maybe I need to... That could be the problem.. I found when I started protein it made a huge difference. I've also been told to started BCAAs...

@miralha CrossFit requires a lot of carbs! Even though I count my macros I struggle to hit that goal, but since I’ve started counting them I’ve noticed a huge improvement in my performance (I’ve been hitting PR’s by big #’s).

Also another thing that’s helped me is making sure I’m well fueled before my workout. I used to workout on an empty stomach (I’ve always struggled to workout with anything in my stomach) so I’ve been making sure I eat a banana an hour before I workout.

Good luck!

@miralha I RX 5x per week (mostly) and by the time I'm done with my Friday workout, I'm a whipped puppy. My feet, my hands, lots of other places are sore and tired, but in a good way - wouldn't do it if I didn't love it.

Not everyone has it in them to go 5x per week. That's high level for someone who just started this year. Do you RX the workouts too?

If you dont RX and you want to, then maybe you could consider cutting back and moving toward that then increasing your frequency (if that matters to you).

@dawn16 I RX sometimes... Not all the time like definitely not for OH squats or snatches but yes for deadlifts and cleans. As my skills for the more advanced lifts are not that great yet..

@miralha Hey provided you’re not burning yourself out, more power to you. That’s great. Yeah going 5x will leave you a little beat up by the end of the week.

@miralha Stating off (I’m in 2-3 months now), I went 2-3x a week but also had 1-2 softball games that jammed me up. I was actually dying after each class and softball I pulled my hamstring right before the playoffs. I missed a week of CF (children and wife all ill), and changed the time I went from
630 pm to 530 am.

Just did my 3rd week of it.

Week 1: 5 classes… got home, showered quick and ran downstairs to greet rugrats. Drove them to bus and school, had to lay down on the floor for 30 minutes each day after.

Week 2: 5 classes…alright little bit better, felt much better, layed on the floor just to read the news tbh for 15 min.

Week 3(current): 4 classes….missed out on Monday due to a stomach bug. Tuesday I kicked it into high gear. Rest of the week I felt great. Coached soccer no issues running around with kids etc.

I still feel a little sore, but once I stretch and take a warm shower I am good to go. My sleep has also improved, I try for at least 7 hours and I’ve been waking up at 5 AM with no issues. My wife has said my attitude and whole vibe has improved since I’ve been going 5x in the morning.

There is a class on Saturday but it’s during soccer games. Once that ends I’ll be going to the class and then my oldest can do the kids class right after.

@miralha I go 5x a week at 38 been there almost a year, rx 65% workouts, by while body is sore by Fri. Morning, but back to normal on Sunday. It is pretty much the only free time/entertainment I get being a single dad with 3 kids and a full time job