5’0 F - Weight won’t budge

iamthatiam

Looking for advice:

I’m 33 F 5’0 and current weight is 150 lbs. I’ve had very disordered eating for most of my life and had a lot of trauma that seemed to contribute to weight gain over the years (example: DV survivor, also when a loved one passed I gained 30 lbs in a month with no diet or exercise change).

Within the past few months I’ve worked really hard on viewing food as fuel for my body instead of “bad” - something I’ve struggled with for a long time so I’m very proud of this. I get in at least 120 g of protein per day with a healthy balance of carbs and fats.

My workouts include 2 days of heavy lifting, 3 days of Pilates, daily walks and 2 days of running or cycling.

When I began to eat “properly” I dropped 15 lbs pretty quickly, however, the scale is not moving anymore and it’s very frustrating. I don’t really care about the number on the scale, but I do know that 150 lbs on a 5’0 frame is extremely overweight.

Does anyone have any encouragement to help me start to see progress? Thanks!

@iamthatiam Could you be eating at your 150 lbs maintenance level? That might explain why you lost steadily from your starting weight but have stalled here - you were at a deficit before and now you're not.

@iamthatiam I’m the same height and around the same weight. Like you my eating has not always been great and I basically ate around 1500-1600 for the last 10 years. I hired a trainer and she bumped my calories to 2,000 a day to start a body recomp. So while you may not be seeing weight loss, you may be gaining muscle and losing fat. Have you tried doing an inbody scan to see where you are with fat and muscle?