7 Day Fat burning, muscle building, endurance enhancing program

hkb2217

Hi everyone,

I just wanted to share a program i made up and have been doing for a few months now with really cool results.

I'm doing it with my girlfriend and we both have different goals. Me gain muscle, her lose weight and increase strength.

Monday - Chest (f) - Swing - Core
Tuesday - Legs (b) - Swing - Core
Wednesday - Back (f) - Swing - Core
Thursday - Chest (b) - Swing - Core
Friday - Legs (f) - Swing - Core
Saturday - Back (b) - Swing - Core
Sunday - Run - Yoga - Core

The body part specific workouts are split into two types of workout, Bodybuilding & Functional.

(b) Bodybuilding is heavy compound movements done for 5-10 reps with no super setting purely just focused on the exercise on hand.

e.g.
Chest - Bench press 4x10, Dips 5x5
Legs - Double KB squat 4x10
Back - Bench row 4x10, Pull ups 4x10

(f) Functional is more endurance based with multiple exercises super set together

e.g.
Chest - Squeeze press 10 -> Pushups 15 -> Bench dips -> 20 x 3 rounds
Legs - Goblet squat 10 -> Jumping lunges 20 x 3 rounds
Back - Pull ups 5 -> Ring rows 10 -> face pulls 15 x 3 rounds

We do a 3 mile run once a week where we aim to beat the previous weeks time.

Kettlebell swings

We have a very simple kettlebell swing program

Do X swings for 10 sets resting while the other person is working increasing the swings by 1 per week

So week 1 you might swing the kettlebell for 5 reps x 10 next week you will increase it to 6 reps x 10

Once we were doing more than 10 reps per set we went up in weight and started at 5 again now that we have hit over 10 reps again we are now doing one handed swings with 5 sets on each hand. In the future we might even go from one handed swings to snatches instead.

As for core training we have been doing a lot of ab specific stuff purely because we enjoy it as a quick finisher to the workout.

Types of core exercises were doing are;

Planks
Ab roll outs
Crunches
Med ball situps
Russian twists
superman
TGU
Leg and knee raises

We vary intensity for the core based on how much we have left in the tank.

One very important note i haven't mentioned yet is that i do a small number of push ups, pull ups & presses everyday.

The reason why i don't have a shoulder day is because i work the front of the shoulder on chest day and the back of the shoulder on back day plus the extra presses i do outside of workout time keep them happy.

Equipment.

We do this workout at home with a little assortment of equipment I've picked up over the last few years.

We have;

Kettlebells: 12,16,2x26,32kg
Dumbbells: 2 x Adjustable 5-32, 2x38kg
Pull ups bar
Dip rings
Bench
Medicine balls: 3,8kg
ab wheel
Bands
foam roller
2 x yoga mats

@hkb2217 So Markdown...

That's not readable because your lists are messed up.

If you write things on separate, but not space separated lines, Reddit just clumps them up.

Eg.

One

Two

Becomes:

One
Two

If you want to have nonseparated lines be like that, you need to add two spaces at the end of each line.

Use of bold (**bold**) is great to make header lines.

So OP's post cleaned up a bit:

Monday - Chest (f) - Swing - Core

Tuesday - Legs (b) - Swing - Core

Wednesday - Back (f) - Swing - Core

Thursday - Chest (b) - Swing - Core

Friday - Legs (f) - Swing - Core

Saturday - Back (b) - Swing - Core

Sunday - Run - Yoga - Core

The body part specific workouts are split into two types of workout, Bodybuilding & Functional.

(b) Bodybuilding is heavy compound movements done for 5-10 reps with no super setting purely just focused on the exercise on hand.

e.g.

Chest - Bench press 4x10, Dips 5x5

Legs - Double KB squat 4x10

Back - Bench row 4x10, Pull ups 4x10

(f) Functional is more endurance based with multiple exercises super set together

e.g.

Chest - Squeeze press 10 -> Pushups 15 -> Bench dips -> 20 (x3 rounds)

Legs - Goblet squat 10 -> Jumping lunges 20 (x3 rounds)

Back - Pull ups 5 -> Ring rows 10 -> face pulls 15 (x3 rounds)

We do a 3 mile run once a week where we aim to beat the previous weeks time.

Kettlebell swings

We have a very simple kettlebell swing program.

Do X swings for 10 sets resting while the other person is working increasing the swings by 1 per week. So week 1 you might swing the kettlebell for 5 reps x 10 next week you will increase it to 6 reps x 10.

Once we were doing more than 10 reps per set we went up in weight and started at 5 again now that we have hit over 10 reps again we are now doing one handed swings with 5 sets on each hand. In the future we might even go from one handed swings to snatches instead.

Core

As for core training we have been doing a lot of ab specific stuff purely because we enjoy it as a quick finisher to the workout.

Types of core exercises were doing are;

Planks

Ab roll outs

Crunches

Med ball situps

Russian twists

Superman

TGU

Leg and knee raises

We vary intensity for the core based on how much we have left in the tank.

One very important note i haven't mentioned yet is that i do a small number of push ups, pull ups & presses everyday.

The reason why i don't have a shoulder day is because i work the front of the shoulder on chest day and the back of the shoulder on back day plus the extra presses i do outside of workout time keep them happy.

Equipment

We do this workout at home with a little assortment of equipment I've picked up over the last few years.

We have:

Kettlebells: 12,16,2x26,32kg

Dumbbells: 2 x Adjustable 5-32, 2x38kg

Pull ups bar

Dip rings

Bench

Medicine balls: 3,8kg

Ab wheel

Bands

Foam roller

2 x yoga mats