About 8 months on the RR and 2 months using IF

jhillaire84

Photos:
I realize lighting makes a difference but There wasn’t much going on in the before photo trust me lol

Stats: M/5'6"/SW: 165 lbs/CW: 125 lbs
So just wanted to say I absolutely love the RR for how it’s improved not just my looks but also my whole life. I’ll definitely never stop calisthenics and the last 3 months I’ve been using rings and it’s made it so much funner.

That being said, starting today I’m going to really start trying to add mass for a while and will be combining the RR with twice weekly squats deadlifts and OHP at my local gym.

Routine: For the first few months I followed the RR to the letter, starting out with negative pullups, basic dips, assisted L-sits, etc. Then I started to really experiment and as of a couple days ago (like I said I just started adding some gym work) this was my routine

Stretches: whatever I needed to stretch but always doing band dislocates and wrist prep. I tend to follow Tom Merricks routines almost everyday. Just whichever ones I feel like doing.

Bodyline:
  • I do the plank, and side planks with my feet in rings to increase difficulty.
  • Finish the rest like normal
  • 30 seconds of leg lifts to the end of it to really get the abs going.
Skills:

-2x30sec ring support with the last 15 sec being RTO
  • 2x60sec wall handstands. I haven't really focused on them at all, not a priority for me tbh.
  • 2x2 skin the cats. These are fairly new to me so I'm working on it still.
Strength:
  • Weighted pullups, 3x10-15. Will do like 8 then stop and finish the rest to make a set unless they're unweighted
  • Ring dips 3x10-12
Some days I do normal L-sits (tucked) with pistol squats of 3x20 (10 on each leg), other days I'll do a small ab circuit of leg lifts, hollow holds, and L-sit pulses. I'll remove the leg work if I'm going to be running or skating that day or the next. I didn't neglect legs though, I would still do sprints, pistols, squat jumps, jumping lunges, and squat walks in a HIIT style work out twice a week usually about two times a day if I had neglected legs at all.
  • Horizontal rows on rings 3x10-15. recently started working on one arm archer style rows
  • elevated ring push ups 3x12-15. Recently started adding a little weight and messing with chest fly movement.
That would be it but then after that I would usually do supplementary pullups just to increase my numbers as much as possible. Lastly, on off days I loved skating or doing little 5k trail runs like once or twice a week. Very slow pace just for mental clarity and all that jazz.

Diet:
  • Was vegetarian before, now I'm pretty much strictly vegan although I screw up every now and again. That being said I started out eating little fat. This was not good. Once I increased fat, I saw weight really drop. I still eat a lot of carbs, this is not a keto advertisement. But the satiety of fat helped me cut a little easier. So a usual work day can be
  • overnight oats for breakfast with protein powder (truenutrition rice/pea split), flax seed, cinnamon, and peanut butter, maybe some banana or berries tossed in depending on if I got groceries or not.
  • Avocado with a bean chili from my meal prep and some vegan cheese on top. Also maybe like a small vegan protein bar on the side if I had em.
  • Dinner is usually a butt load of sauteed green with mushrooms, pepper, onion, whatever I got and like tempeh, peas, a little brown rice or quinoa. Pretty simple.
I use IF and eat from 12-8pm. I also tend to not track or count on weekends and just eat what I want while not going overboard you know? It gives me a mental break and I get to enjoy myself. Lastly, I do a 24 hour fast once a month now just because I feel like it helps reset some stuff.

Anyway, looking forward to the future. Thanks to everyone on this sub and good luck on your endeavors!!

EDIT: Added tons of detail, stats, routine, diet.