AF Coach Sales Talk

parzival

Hi guys! Question lang. I’ve been working out for a year sa old gym and I just switched recently to AF. Had my fitness test with them last Thursday and my assigned coach shared a lot of science-y stuff about my results bc I couldn’t do anything from the test aside from 2 minute planking (failed 30 push ups, 10 pull ups).

Just wanted to ask some insights if the program would help me. He said something about establishing stability -> mobility -> strength raw. Apparently I skipped the first two and I went to strength raw agad (and I even felt body shamed a lil bit wtf haha). He also mentioned something about DTP and some myofacial release (bc my back is rounded).

Is this something I can do without a coach or should I give it a go?

He’s upselling the program for 3 months, 28k for 30 sessions.

@parzival I’ve been in the industry for over 16 years and these “coaches” just bring shame to our profession.

They don’t have proper training, companies will hire them because “they look the part” without even proper training knowledge.

These “coaches” are hard selling you because it’s almost the month end and they need to hit their monthly target, hence they come up with these BS speeches just to close a sale.

@parzival I sure as shit cant do 30 push up but can do 75lbs db incline bp. My chest looks good and I dont have any stability issues or mobility issues and this is in line woth my hyperthropy goal. Do your own research stop with this coaches. Ypu can get fit by yourself without them. They are just glorified spotters. ALSO AF COACHES HAVE QUOTAS THAT THEY HAVE TO MEET KAYA GANYAN SILA

@parzival Nabudol na ko dyan. Never again. Sobrang unprofessional nung nakuwa kong coach sa AF. Ang hirap mag pa sched ng workout sa kanya. Pag nag woworkout kami, im sure may nagagawa ako panget na form pero di naman ako cinocorrect at all. Sooo in short, budol ung trainers sa AF (specifically). SAYANG PERA, JUST AVOID THEM

@parzival It’s just sales talk. He wants your money. Educate yourself by reading and studying para di ka mabudol.

Just a quick search will show some of his claims as BS

@parzival DO NOT GET AF PT!!! Wag tumulad sakin na nabudol, initially gusto ko kumuha talaga ng PT kasi may mild scoliosis ako and naisip ko na much better may PT para maturuan ng proper form na hindi lalala yung scoliosis ko. Dapat talaga yung 10 or 15 sessions lang ata yung kukunin ko nun pero nabudol ako at napakuha ng 30 sessions kasi daw as someone na may scoliosis dapat daw laging may nag guguide LOL. Ngayon, sobrang nagsisisi ako at mas hindi namomotivate mag gym dahil sa coach ko na wala naman pakialam. Lagi silang busy mag daldalan sa ibang PT. Nag cecellphone lang. Wala rin pag assist ng cool down after workout. Worst case, may kasabay ka din na client niya at talagang di ka na matututukan lalo pag peak hrs sa gym. Out of focus silang mga PT, di mo alam kung anong laging pinag- uusapan. Tapos after ng last workout, tatayo na agad siya at papapirmahin na ako ng attendance, aalis na siya kahit hingal hingal ka pa.

@parzival Hi op, remember that individual goals vary from person to person. Even from the perspective of strength training vs hypertrophy training have to a degree distinct differences in approach and efficiency.

The aforementioned may have overlap to an extent in terms of strength but they are however marginal when compared to strength gains when executed properly with an effective program that suits you.

They may help towards your goal but wouldn’t necessarily dictate that they should and must be done in order to achieve your goal. This is all assuming under the pretense that your current training program has been optimized to suit your own individual need.

@parzival Happened to me with my "free 1 day coaching sesssion". 5 days 6k pesos. I shit you not after I walked out the door, It felt like na budol ako. With enough exposure sa free knowledge sa internet, you can learn on your own. Theres also places like here to ask more niche questions.

Back