Any tips on adding some more hypertrophy gains to Bullmastiff?

jacob40524

I want to run Bullmastiff base phase to drive up my general strength and get more comfortable with heavy weights on SBD+OHP.
But I also wish to induce hypertrophy where I can, which is where the decision making begins.

This is the exercise selection Bromley lays out, spread across 4 days:

Squats
RDLs
B.O row
Leg curl
Leg extension
Cable crunch

Bench press
Tempo OHP
Cable tricep extension
Bicep curl
Rear delt fly

Deadlift
Front squat(want to do platz Squats here)
Lat pulldown
Leg curl
Leg extension
Cable crunch

OHP
Spoto press
Tricep extension(make this an overhead variation)
Bicep curl
Rear delt fly

Volume: in 9 weeks the main lifts go from 3-6 sets, the main lift variations go from 3-5, and accessories go from 2-6 sets. Which makes the workouts toward the end of the program a lot longer.

My biggest concerns is that my back, especially lats will just be in maintenance mode with this program.
My second concern is isolations for muscles like side delts, forearms and Calves. Which should be easy to fit in, but
since this program goes from 2 sets per accessory to 6 sets I'm afraid the workouts will be too long and tiresome with added volume even if it's superseted. Other than this I'm only unsure of the exercise selection, in order to maximize hypertrophy where possible.

What do you think can be done here to esure that, besides the SBD, hypertrophy gets enough love?

@jacob40524 Powerlifting programs hand wave back work because some compounds help with back strength, especially deadlift. Since BB programs don't focus much on DL you can do more rowing and vertical pulling.

Never ran this program but a lot of people say it's really hard, I wouldn't add to much tbh.

Anyway, Bromley himself has a video on how to get a big back on his channel

@jacob40524 I bought Bromley’s book and completed the PowerBuilder program. His programs work great for powerlifting eg strength, hypertrophy not so much.

@dawn16 Yeah, I've kinda accepted hypertrophy being secondary while running this, just trying something new and hopefully getting some value out of the strength gains and getting used to heavy weights.

@jacob40524 What’s your current routine? If you want a little bit of strength work peppered in at heavier loads you could literally just do 1 top set of 2-5 reps on those lifts and not alter the remainder of your bodybuilding program