sewnsew

Im 14 and I recently started working out about a month ago. I’ve been doing the upper/lower body split but I’ve had people tell me that it isn’t good so I decided to make a new one. Is chest/back + shoulders/arms + legs a good split? I only have a squat rack, bench, barbell, and curl bar. I’d appreciate some tips and I wanna know if my new workout plan is good, and if there’s anything I should change.

CHEST AND BACK:
3 sets of dips to failure
4 sets of 8-10 bench press
3 Sets of bent over row to failure
3 sets of incline bench to failure
4 sets of pull-ups to failure
3 sets single arm bar rows 10 per arm
Incline push-ups to failure

SHOULDERS AND ARMS:
3 sets of dips to failure
4 sets of bicep curls to failure
3 sets of 10 shoulder press
4 sets of shrugs to failure
4 sets of muscle ups to failure
3 sets of barbell upright rows to failure
3 sets of forearm curls to failure

LEGS:
4 sets of 8 squats
4 sets of calf raises to failure
2 sets of Romanian deadlifts to failure
2 sets of deadlifts to failure
4 sets of lunges to failure
3 sets of Bulgarian split squat till failure for each leg

@sewnsew You need to add some core exercises, like leg raises, planks, crunches. And don't do so many sets to failure you'll hurt yourself. Last set of every exercise should be to failure not every set. First 2 sets should be a controlled number to warm up muscles for that last set to failure.AND REST MY GUY DONT OVERTRAIN YOURSELF.

@sewnsew I don't follow the push pull or the chest legs etc body part style. I based my routine around compound lifts I wanted to improve on and built it from there. One day is Bench Press. Another day is deadlift, just another option you could potentially build from

Back