Beginner full body kb workout advice?

jasminekurb

I've been playing around with weightlifting and kettlebells for about 16 months and am now looking for a dedicated kb program I can do 3-5 days/week (with cardio on off days) that focuses on kettlebells (with bodyweight stuff like pullups mixed in). I'm looking to train strength and mobility and hit all muscle groups. I've done Simple and Sinister a bit but it seems to me that it's missing some pieces (e.g. no squatting movement). So I'm looking for something with a bit more variety that will hit pull / push / squat / hinge.

I am still very much a beginner but I have a solid two-handed swing with 20kg and am learning the clean and single arm swing with 16kg.

I am 40 now, so looking to maintain long-term strength and mobility with quick recovery. I notice that conventional splits of weight training annihilate me (I could barely walk after my last leg day) so I'm looking for something sustainable and efficient.

I don't mind paying for a program but I want to find something I can just buy, rather than subscribing. I have poked around here, watched a bunch of Mark Wildman, and am trying to build a program I can do for 8-12 months at least. I have 12, 16, 20kg, and an adjustable bell so I can do micro loading or add volume.

Below is a first stab at a program but I am open to suggestions. This program doesn't leave much room for the added complexity of learning new movements (e.g. snatch) and I would love advice on how to work that in too... So looking for feedback on this program OR suggestions for other ready-made programs that might work better for my goals.

Workout A
Rows 4x8
Windmill 4x8
Plank
Squat thruster 4x8

Workout B
Clean and Press: 4x8
Dips: 4x8
Swings: 5x20

Workout C
Pull ups: 4x8
Get up: 5x2
Armor building complex: 5x3

Workout D
Full stretch rdl 4x8
Hanging knee raise
Swings 5x20
Pushups

@jasminekurb DFW Remix sounds right up your alley.

The DFW days are clean & press and front squats, 3 days a week. The Remix days are rows or pullups + extra swings 3 days a week, but you could reduce that to 2.

Swings can be substituted for snatches if you like, and you can add pushups or dips.

Another possible variation could be to add some burpees as a finisher after the DFW days.

@jasminekurb I was in the same boat during COVID at 44 years old. Start below the chest movements. Swings, goblet squats, deadlift and Turkish get ups with little to no weight. Then you can progress to cleans and keep going up the ladder

@jasminekurb https://www.reddit.com/r/kettlebell/s/KTaODoDteB

That's mine as of a couple weeks ago, demo and description in the post... Feel free to take or leave whatever works for you. I'm usually experimenting and tweaking it every week, mostly KB but sometimes BB or DB, but the main workouts always stay (goblet/front squat, Sumo squat, deadlift, lunge, sit ups, pushups or bench press, rows or pullups, high pull/upright row, and some form of ohp or clean and press).