Beginner Home Workout Help

anagle

So I’ve decide to start working out while I’m taking a four week leave from work to catch up on university courses. I work in a warehouse so I considered that my workout, I don’t really do anything other than that. I’m trying to lose weight again, so while I’m going to do CICO I also wanted to add in some workouts. I’m not sure on how to start.

I can’t go to the gym right now as it’s too far from me and I don’t drive. So I just plan to do it at my apartment. I do have some 5lbs & 12lbs dumbbells, a 20lb kettlebell, resistance bands and a mini stepper. I’m also not sure on how long I’m supposed to workout.

If y’all wouldn’t mind, can you share your workout routine or even helpful YouTube videos if anything.

Just in case it’s needed: 5’0(f), 25 years old, weight is about 140lbs, goal weight is about 110lb- 115lbs. In the past two years I was able to lose 20lb but I gained then back after following off of CICO.

@anagle I mostly just do kettlebell and use videos by Workout With Roxanne and Annabelle Hayes but they also have other types of workout videos too. I do one day of core, two arm days and two glute days.

I started with 10 minutes a day with a low weight because I was very out of shape. Then I increased to 20 minutes and then increased the weight. I plan to increase to 30 minutes soon and stick with that until I need to go up in weight again.

@fatrabbit Omg thanks for the response! Another question if you don’t mind, but do I still workout the next day after a workout even if I’m super sore? Cause I feel like if I wait until I feel better, the cycle just repeats.

@anagle If you're too sore to work out the next day you might just be doing too much. You could also maybe try doing every other day and then increasing it as you adjust. If you're not doing full body, then you should also be alternating days.

My arms and glutes are my weakest areas so I do those twice a week. So for me it looks like this: Monday - arms, Tuesday - glutes, Wednesday - core, Thursday - arms, Friday - glutes. That way I have two days between each arm and glute day.

Back