Beta Alanine & L-Arginine- Diarrhea

awalker0213

I started mixing these two together as a pre-workout, and it works great, but often times I’ll have diarrhea either halfway or towards the end of the WOD. LOL.

Anyone every experience this? If so, did you find a solution?

@awalker0213 You need to use the bathroom before the workout. Drink some coffee/caffeine, take your arginine and beta about 15 mins prior, pinch one off and go train.

@awalker0213 You could try and isolate one or the other. The benefits of both can be had if you take it other times than pre-workout.

What doses are you taking? High arginine doses have been known to cause GI distress.

I’d suggest taking them at different times to see if you have a better experience.

@awalker0213 I’ve had this same issue and I only take B-Alanine. I have heard it is from taking a large (6g) dose instead of spreading out throughout the day. I stopped taking B-Alanine a few days ago and have not had the issue since. Going to try smaller doses from now on.

@awalker0213 I would try taking 2-3 grams 30 minutes or so prior to workout, then later taking 2-3 grams. You don’t have to take all 5 grams at once to get the benefits, just saturate your cells like you do Creatine. More isn’t always better, so spread it out

@awalker0213 Hey just letting you know its from the beta alanin. Just for your information, beta alanin does not have to be taken before workout. Any time of the day is good, only l arginin in needed 30-1h before training. Take beta alanin with food or just not on an empty stomach and your issues will most likely be solved

Back