Calories Burned on a Sit N Cycle?

kandantinc

One of my mom's friends had one of the as seen on tv sit n cycles that she didn't use so she sold it to me for very cheap. I have used it for 3 or 4 days now, and my only concern is I don't know how many calories I am burning. I am logging it as stationary biking, but I'm worried that isn't accurate. Anyone have any advice on this? Thanks in advance!

Ps hope it's ok I posted this here, couldn't find anything anywhere about it.

@kandantinc Like any kind of exercise, it's going to vary based on your size, how much effort it takes for you to do the task, etc. If you're really concerned about the numbers, you could get a heart rate monitor (like the polar chest strap) and that would give you a better idea than anything the machine will spit out. Alternatively, consider how active you are while doing it and how long/frequently you do and plug it into a TDEE calculator to get a sense of your daily calories

@llowca17 Thanks for the reply, I'm not terribly concerned, I would be ok with a ballpark figure. So I will try the TDEE, I had never thought of using that to figure out calories burned.

Back