Calories Deficit, am I doing it right?

bpf53

Hello everyone I’m 5’3 27 years old and I weigh 130 I’m trying to get down to 125 or lower so I’ve been eating around 1300 calories or less a day.

I walk 8-10k steps a day and every day including the weekends I go to the gym and do the elliptical 20mins and strength training mainly in my arms and cores exercises.
The day I don’t go to the gym I do a 25 min Pilates workout at home

As well I spend the day moving around cleaning or cooking.

My meals consist of sourdough bread and hi made blueberries Jam in the morning with bacon, avocado and oranges

For dinner I usually eat a plate of rice with chicken and avocado on the side

I sleep throughout the night the only thing I’m trying to get better at is consuming water

I used to have a Coca Cola addiction now I replaced it with water or brisk iced tea I usually drink 2 of those a day and then water

I’m also taking magnesium citrate, vitamin D3, vitamin B12, and L cartintine

Is there anything else you can recommend for me?

Before you say it might be my hormones or thyroid I did get my levels checked out in March and everything was in range.

@bpf53 Doesn’t matter what you eat, it’s how much. You would need to fully weigh and count calories in order to know if you’re in a deficit… but 1300 seems low considering how active you are?

@artless_ascetic I put in my height weight in a calorie deficit online and they told me to stay under 1360. I feel like it’s low as well but here I’m not really losing weight. I thank my Calories in my fitness pal on my iPhone and try to get it as accurate as I can

@bpf53 Hi! I’m 5’3, 28, and 130 lbs too. I’m eating 1800 cals everyday, HIIT 4x/ week.

Have you done an inBody scan? Also you might have to start weighing your food to be more accurate when you use FitnessPal.

@bpf53 How long has it been since you started this routine? Remember it takes at the very least six weeks to notice extremely small changes so if it’s been close to or less than that, you’re just not giving your body enough time to adjust.

That aside, you don’t seem to be consuming enough food for an extremely high-level of exercise. Under eating combined with a very imbalanced workout routine, as you’ve described, puts you at a really really high risk for injury. Putting your body under a necessary stress like this can also make it more difficult for you to lose weight because stress does weird things to our bodies. I would very strongly, recommend drastically increasing the amount that you eat, I’ll be at slowly to make it easier on your stomach, and following a well-rounded workout routine designed by fitness professional, instead of working out the same two muscle groups six days a week.

Back