Can’t get my head around protein

sonriserecords

I 22m have recently started hitting gym it’s been 3 months with only a weeks gap due to fever and as I indulge more in the gym culture I’ve realised that diet should be the top priority. My main goal is muscle gain since I belong to skinny fat category. Here’s the thing an uncle of mine is a fan of mlm schemes and has introduced my family to amway, so since I asked for protein I got one from amway called xs whey protein. I consumed it for like 1-2 years already since I’m in sports and honestly I felt nothing neither good nor bad it says 23g per serving though. Last night i checked for other companies and i almost cried. The one I’ve been consuming is 4350rs for 1kg TF!!! And then I look at other companies which are more legit than this giving 2 kgs for 2-3k. So honestly I’m puzzled here my parents don’t really trust these protein brands and I’m afraid too since there are way too many weird facts online as for digestive issues gut health etc.

For now I can’t even buy the one I was previously using the price is giving me heavy guilt. Do you have any legit protein that won’t play with my health. I personally am falling for naturaltein and avvtar but I’m still not sure, the unexpected thing was when I asked my gym trainer he said you don’t buy protein now just eat whole foods and focus on getting strength first which had me shocked. As a vegetarian I find it difficult to even get 80gms of protein a day Let me know what you guys think

TL;DR been consuming super expensive whey protein from an MLM company now figuring out to know about others brands with better results

@sonriserecords Any why Protein will work. Check if it is authenictae and have more than 70% protein percentage and you are getting minimum 23-24 g per serving.
On and Gayor essentials is my go to since few months.

@sonriserecords Fuck, 1-2 years of having that Amway junk.

Your trainer is right - if you can protein from whole foods, its great, but a lot of us, even non vegetarians, find that hard.

Avvatar and Nutraltein are both good. Just go to Trustified.in, and pick any one that suits you.

Regular Whey concentrate is good enough, don't need to spend on isolate, nothing wrong if you want it either, just doesn't mean much.

@its_namex Yeah man I felt so bad about having that amway which even further went for 4K for a kilogram ridiculous. I saw most videos at trustified and just trying to think which will suit me best avvtar or naturaltein

@sonriserecords Personal advice, go for what offers the flavors you like, it'll be a nice thing to look forward to.

Most protein options are very similar from a functional point of view, from Atom to ON, the difference comes in mixability and taste. Most of them have good amino profiles.

Brands like ON and GNC basically seem to have better QC, some of the local brands seem to have a few QC issues.

Personally, I've tried quite a few, and have stuck to Nakpro, because I like their Casein and very few brands are offering Casein, so I can order everything from one brand at one go.

@its_namex about flavour....i would like to say that, dont shy away from trying unflavoured/raw whey. You can always add coffee/cocoa powder + sugar/jaggery at home for taste.

i am using raw asitis whey concentrate. packaging is shit, the rubber seal which makes the packet airtight is coming off. you need to arrange a container after 2-3 weeks. it doesnt mix that well. mixes very poorly by stirring but somewhat better in mixer grinder.

(first time buyer)

@sonriserecords MLM the scam. Also kinda your stupidity, yoh have been outting this thing in your body for 2 years and you didn't even bother doing a single google search about it? Sometimes I feel people who fall for these things deserve to get scammed.

@joanah Abe bhai family wale 1 hi protein de Rahe hai Baki sab mana kr rhe hai toh woh ek source bhi band kr du kya. Wo toh gym Abhi start Kara so I need actual high protein diet or else I didn’t needed to do any search for it

@sonriserecords Bro were you living under the rock...in age of Instagram and YouTube you are not aware about the prices...it baffels me when teenagers and young people in their 20s ask their gym trainers for protien powders...I am 34 ..when I was 20...there was lack of information...but this just sounds absurd to me.