Can I do 1/2 leg exercises a day instead of a whole day dedicated?

jewels77

I hate hitting legs but I want them to grow. Can I instead of doing a whole day of legs is it possible after every push/pull day I do 1/2 leg exercises? Will I see lots of growth or is this not optimal and should I just suck up a whole leg day?

For example:
Push: (After Leg extensions/Squats)
Pull (After Hip thrusts/RDLs)
Push (After Leg extensions/Squats)
Pull (After Hip thrusts/RDLs)

@jewels77 It seems with this , you will give more priority to legs since you are always doing legs first, and because of some overlap in muscles worked, some muscles may be worked out 4 days a week (hopefully you don't overwork them and still make gains. )

@cfitz I go to the gym 7 days a week (I know it’s not smart i just do it for the mental). Do you think I should just do mon, tues, fri, sat legs? and after my other workout?

@jewels77 If you love the gym, you can still do other things the other days. Maybe work on things many overlook, like calves, forearms, etc.

But look at the big picture. If there's is a skill or other things you can do to improve yourself (homework, study for certificates or degrees, or a sport like bjj or Muay Thai or judo since you are considering law enforcement, etc) consider doing that the other days.

@jewels77 if your total weekly volume looks reasonable, the sets feel reasonably high quality aka not being crushed by overlapping soreness, and you are getting stronger, you are fine.

@jewels77 I do 1 leg day a week and, twice a week, add on a couple of leg exercises at the end of my routine. You may hate a leg day, but I do feel having 1 wholevsessiin dedicated to them would help. You may even grow to enjoy it when you start noticing gains!

@jewels77 If you hate doing legs it’s incredibly unlikely they will grow much. Unless you’re mentally just out of this world. But you’d just do it one day if that was the case

Back