Condo Gym

jeffkruif

I used to have a trainer before sa isang gym around P.Campa, I think around 2k per month yung bayad ko sa kaniya so not bad. Ang naging problem ko lang is hindi na ako sumusulpot, especially noong finals ko which was around December. Ever since non, I became physically inactive most of the time and I also gained weight.

May gym dito sa condo (hindi ko na lang babanggitin pero nasa P.Noval siya so ifykyk) and gusto kong mag work out ulit. My schedule’s organized now unlike before kasi hanggang 1:30pm lang classes ko everyday so I can definitely work out tuwing hapon sana. I just don’t know where to start. Hindi ko alam kung anong workout routine ko, hindi rin ako marunong gumamit ng equipments without my trainer, tapos I’m too shy to work out alone pa lol.

Iniisip ko tuloy kung babalik ako sa dati kong gym so may trainer ako, kaso sayang nga lang yung binabayaran kong assoc dues kung di ko gagamitin yung gym dito. I don’t really know what to do! please help :(

@jeffkruif Hmmm, I think you should get a routine first then start small on your reps and sessions. The other members are much more knowledgeable in recommending a routine but someone suggested UL .Probably best to record your progress in an app, spreadsheet etc.

For worrying about your form, I think it's best to ask a coach or an experienced friend to check your lifting form and how to use them.

You could try bringing someone to workout with if you get anxious working out alone but nobody's really gonna care on how you workout in the gym. Everyone's busy doing something to be judging you, the worst they could do is make some chika. I was a skinny dude working out and people were pretty helpful for the most part.

For assoc dues, I wouldn't worry about them tbh, it's pretty standard for condos. Mine had a crappy gym, a tiny pool, and the condo had no proper shops inside. Used to live in UT2 near Espana pre-pandemic iirc. Ended up going to a nearby gym near St. Thomas square.