[Critique] 5x/week Intermediate Bodybuilding Routine (based off of Eric Helm's eBook - Muscle and Strength Pyramid)

andersonpeter

17 y/o, 6'1, around 15% body fat. I just want to get shredded, haha.

Lower - Squat 3x3-5, deadlift 3x3-5, Split squat 3x5-7, Leg Extensions 3x6-8, Calves on Leg Press 4x6-8

Upper - Bench Press 5x3-5, Seal Row 4x4-6, Military Press 4x5-7, V-Grip Pulldown 3x6-8, DB lying extension 3x8-12, Hammer Curl 3x8-12

Legs - Hip Thrust 3x6-8, Leg Press 3x6-8, Reverse Lunge 3x8-12, Leg Extensions 3x8-12, Leg curl 3x8-12, Seated calves 4x12-15

Push - Incline Bench 3x6-8, Flat DB Bench 3x6-8, DB Inlince Fly 3x8-12, Pec Deck 2x12-15, Overhead Rope Ext 3x8-12, Tricep Pressdown 2x12-15, Lateral Raises 3x12-15

Pull - Barbell Row 3x6-8, Lat Pulldown 3x6-8, Cable Row 3x8-12, Straight-Arm Pulldown 2x12-15, Cable Preacher Curl 3x8-12, Incline DB Curl 2x12-15, Reverse Pec Deck 3x12-15

@andersonpeter I know you're looking for more specific critiquing, but the best routines are the ones you enjoy and can stick to. There's so many variations of what types of things work for people it's crazy. Especially if you're in a deficit trying to lose weight, then what your routine is matters even less.

@andersonpeter I was going to make a thread for what variations people are running of this.

I think this lacks a little bit of direct shoulder work but I am running something similar and will just see how it goes. I am limited to a home gym so have had to make changes to what equipment I have.

I am one month in and so far enjoying it, if I feel later on more volume needs to be added I can simply do additional sets depending how I feel on the day.

I have also made a lookup list in excel for similar movements so I can easily swap movements around.

@dawn16 Exactly why I am not modifying it at the moment. It is just a different approach than doing 3-4 movements basically delt based. I may add side raises in at one point

@andersonpeter I think the most important thing is to make sure you keep progressing your lifts. And track your food to make sure you're eating enough or in a deficit depending on your goals.

Back