Crossfitters w/ Whoop

@christelvg Had it for almost 5 years now.

Mixed feelings - data is often not accruate but it is consistent in its inaccuracy.

When worn on wrist, it auto-detects workouts pretty much from the moment I walk into the gym to the moment I get back to the house.

On bicep band it is far more accurate, only records actual WOD

I like the sleep tracking.

At least once a month I decide to get rid of it only to relent.

@christelvg Have not had mine long and I cannot testify to inaccuracy. You have to manually put in weight and reps before lifting under strength trainer and start activity for other activities if you want better results. I wear on non dominate left arm about 1-2 inches above my wrist. It has not gotten in the way nor has it bothered me sleeping. On days my recovery is low it seems accurate bc those days I am feeling worn down. The most inaccuracy I did see was a day I literally rested all day did nothing and my strain was a 15! All I can think is doing house chores, gardening, and not doing any physically exertion stressed me out which put extra strain on me. Who knows? I do like it keeps track of the days when I ruck and my routes so if I want to do a long ruck I can look it up and remember to follow that path. The battery seems to last long and charge quickly.

@christelvg I love mine. I wear it on my dominant wrist as I am a nice mechanical watch guy on my left wrist. I’ve enjoyed the heart rate monitoring and other data. It sits a bit higher on my arm than right at the wrist, so I can still wear grips on the rig. Haven’t tried wrist wraps over it but would imagine that would not be very comfortable.

A con, I’ve found that I need to manually start my activity to get the best results vs auto-detect.

Back