Didn’t piss my pants!

tiff_tiff

Listen, I’ve had 2 babies in the last 3 years and I just finished nearly 6 rounds of 24.2 without weeing in my pants! That’s a win in my books. Any one else have any non-score related wins this open?

@tiff_tiff I also wear period underwear with a liner “just in case” any time there’s skipping in the WOD!
I’ve also done lots of pelvic floor work in the last year which has helped tremendously!

@rotbre Sorry, I just saw this!!
Pelvic floor exercises, not just kegels. Basically, isolating all three muscle groups and learning how to flex and relax each one independently.
Lots of holding for 10 seconds.
Pelvic floor physios would be much better at explaining it, or you know, Dr Google!

@pofo2020 I had this issue too. Was scared into sorting it by another thread in the sub about the potential health issues that can develop. I tried a training tool called Perifit which is basically gamified pelvic floor exercises using an app.... It fixed the leaking issue for me. Expensive but totally worth it.

@tiff_tiff I quietly cleaned up a few drops with the mop from an athlete today who also has two small children. It's life and it happens.

No one said a word about it (until now I guess).

Hell yeah for you!

@tiff_tiff We are all so proud of you! As a 46 year old man I read this and laughed hysterically! But understanding is key! Often before a wod I am the nervous one who has to run for a pee! Everyone is waiting on me but it's funny! Congrats on doing your open work out and keep having fun pe pe or nopeppy that is the question!

@tiff_tiff I was so scared to do this workout because I have been working on my pelvic floor for years after having kids and skipping is the one thing I still struggle with. I rarely skip if it's programmed. I almost backed out of 24.2. I did leak a bit but was able to re-set and control it by doing shorter sets. Still not where I want to be but I'm proud of my progress and proud I tried.

@tiff_tiff I haven’t even had kids and sometimes I pee my pants during double unders. I always wear a pad if it’s in the workout just in case. I don’t know why my pelvic floor is so weak. :( I was good during 24.2 though.