Don't say you can't do it. 3 days out from my first show! [PROGRESS]

dangtt1

EDIT 1/14/2014: IF YOU'RE COMING TO THIS NOW, SEVERAL MONTHS LATER, HERE IS WHAT I CURRENTLY LOOK LIKE. I OVERCAME "ORTHOREXIA" AKA ONLY EATING CLEAN FOODS, AND NOW I FOLLOW "IF IT FITS YOUR MACROS" AND HAVE FINALLY GAINED SOME SOLID MUSCLE MASS

Thanks so much for all the support, ladies. If any of you are debating whether or not you should compete--GO FOR IT. Keep in mind, I did this with little to no cardio ALL throughout prep, 1700-1900 calories, and through bench, squat, deadlift, and overhead press with minimal bodybuilding accessory work. http://ilyssagetsfit.blogspot.com / @ohilyssa on iG.

Here's the final progress pictures:

Abs

Side Oblique

Front Pose--I won't flex though haha

In Suit / 9 Month Transformation

Edit: Thanks for the support from the majority. It does really make me sad, though, to see a fair amount of hatred in a community of ladies dedicated to fitness. Perhaps my transformation was/is not your ideal of feminine beauty, but I feel as though I've worked really hard to get to where I am today. Ain't no thang. I let negativity run off my back and I'll just use it as fuel on the stage.

@dangtt1 I apologize ahead if time if you noted it somewhere, but am curious where you started (weight, BMI etc..)
Im naturally talk, lean, with a metabolism that most people would kill for.

I'm not looking to.compete, but have the same haters comments just for heading to the gym.

@dangtt1 Dude, congrats on getting yourself to where you want to be! I can't even imagine tackling a beast as big as a fitness comp! I really like your positivity throughout your journey and appreciate seeing your workouts/food regime:) It shows you were actually consuming food. Actually, my huz linked me to your blog a while back, and it's inspiring to see the struggle and sucess! You and I have COMPLETELY different body types, but it was cool to see how hard you were working!

GET EM GIIRRRRL!

EDIT: You should see if you can't get a friend of yours to take some progress pics doing your poses! I'd be interested to see how your muscles look from the right angle.

@dangtt1 You can be the ripest peach and there will be someone that doesnt like peaches.

You look great. Impressed by your obvious discipline and hardwork. You are shining bright, girl.

Block out all the negativity. You got this.

@dangtt1 You've come a long way. If you're doing a smaller show I wouldn't doubt that you'd place well. Anything with seasoned competitors and I'm afraid judges may say that you are under muscled. Good luck!!!! I'm eager to see how your show goes :)

@dangtt1 I don't think you want to hear this, but you're starting to be way too thin. I read through some of your blog and you're clinically underweight; that's not even considering these pictures you just posted here. Considering that you're lifting and working out extensively, it scary to think that you're most likely only muscle, and even that muscle don't weigh anything. I think you've taken this to an extreme... I wouldn't be surprised to find out that you've developed exercise bulimia.

I can understand how coming from a higher weight and being unhappy with how you look can make you focus all of your self worth in your body. However, what you're doing is starting to look dangerous. I'm not saying this to be rude, but it's simply very worrisome.

So I won't tell you that you look good, because honestly you dont. I think it enforces this belief in you that you need to lose more weight. You really need to put ON some weight. You look sickly thin with all of your bones protruding off your body. It's even hard to see any definition below your hips... I looked at some pictures from when you were 140 lbs and would say that was when you looked good, after that it started to look unhealthy.

Take care of yourself... if you're forcing yourself to look like this for a competition, then I think you should reconsider if this is healthy for you.

@helenbarbara I'm sorry that whatever is going on in your life is making you lash out like this. Please realize that you are being judgmental and spreading hate.

We should be supporting each other, not tearing down and trying to make people feel badly about themselves.

@helenbarbara HOLY FUCK ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING YOU FUCK. EXCESS FAT ISNT FUCKING REQUIRED FOR A FUCKING HEALTHY LIFESTYLE. SHES COMPETING IN A COMPETITION GEARED TOWARDS HEALTH AND LOOKING THE BEST POSSIBLE. GO BACK TO FUCKING /r/BODYACCEPTANCE

@helenbarbara
I read through some of your blog and you're clinically underweight

She has a BMI ~18 and 18.5 is the lower end of the "Normal" range (and she was 18.4 a week ago at 5'10" 128.4).

Are you going to start going around bitching out people with a BMI of 25.5 for being "clinically overweight"?

Jesus fucking Christ, you sound like an absolutely terrible person who tears others down for their accomplishments under the guise of "caring".

So I won't tell you that you look good, because honestly you dont. I think it enforces this belief in you that you need to lose more weight. You really need to put ON some weight. You look sickly thin with all of your bones protruding off your body.

I mean holy fucking shit! Could you be more of a bitch!?

It takes a lot of courage to make posts like this. Please feel free to post pictures of yourself so others can take the time out of their day to try to tear you down.

FYI... The people who pretend to be your friends secretly hate you.

@dawn16 Did you not read my posts? My post wasn't malicious in any way. I said that her accomplishments are amazing. She has full right to be proud of herself and her body. I think it's great that she's gotten to where she is. However it is worrisome to lose so much weight in such a small period of time and then continue to eat at a 450 calorie deficit after reaching a very low weight for her height. Some people who lose a lot of weight could develop body dysmorphic disorder and/or eating disorders which can be dangerous. I think it's important to tell OP that she's taking it too far since no one else is willing to say so. The thing about her weight that's scary too is that it's probably all muscle which weigh more than fat. Since BMI is based on an average person with average amounts of fat, I could conclude that without all that muscle to raise her weight up, she would be more underweight. Personally, if I looked that thin, I would want someone to tell me so I could get back onto a healthy track.

@helenbarbara
Code:
>>implying BMI is an accurate way of measuring healthy bodies,

(The body mass index (BMI), or Quetelet index, is a measure for human body shape based on an individual's mass and height. It was devised between 1830 and 1850 by the Belgian polymath Adolphe Quetelet during the course of developing "social physics"

The interest in measuring body fat being due to obesity becoming a discernible issue in prosperous Western societies. BMI was explicitly cited by Keys as being appropriate for population studies, and inappropriate for individual diagnosis. Nevertheless, due to its simplicity, it came to be widely used for individual diagnosis, despite its inappropriatenes)

You realise you are using a nearly 200 year old way of identifying if people are overweight to judge a persons health that is on the lower end of healthy according to BMI (which is useless)

BMI was meant for identifying obesity trends in large populations please only use it that way.

Back