Echo Bike Question

moppy

I've seen this post before but i wanted further confirmation. When installing the arms and pegs should the arms be able to wiggle at ALL? When I get home I plan on doing the pegs last before the final four screws. Also should there be any wiggle room for the pegs when they are screwed in? Currently, there is very slight wiggle room, but I feel like I have it already so tight on there I don't want to break anything via installation.

Any advice helps thanks!!

Edit: I have popeye forearms for how tight the pegs and final 10mm screw have to be. It is fixed thank you all

@moppy When I first put mine together, I was careful not to over tighten the pegs/handles because I didn’t want to strip anything. The result was a very slight wiggle/wobble. I called Rogue and they basically said to just crank it down until there’s no more wiggle. I even had to take the arms off for a move and put it back together and even after the 2nd tightening, it’s as rock-solid as before.

TL;DR> It shouldn’t wiggle. Tighten it. :)

@wael
Echo Bike

Would you guys be into doing some workouts together where we can compare the results? I have an airdyne AD7, which is similar. Bought it over the echo because it's a little smaller and my apartment isn't too big. Should be the same thing to an extent.

I've been looking up youtube videos and comparing against results with the person in the video or comments section but it may be more motivating to do it this way. Just a thought, all good if you're not interested.

Edit: Also, the arms on my bike wiggle very little and I've tightened all the way. I've removed them and re-assembled twice as well. It doesn't really mess up anything, just a little annoying.

@nondenom40 I'd be down to compare workouts to keep me motivated DM me and we can talk. If you are trying to figure out calories burned comparison etc. My apartment complex has an offsite gym that has an AD7 (99% sure its that model) from what I can tell for going just 10 secs late last night calories on Echo Bike imo are way harder to obtain.

@moppy Dang. That's very annoying to hear. But had to go with the smaller/lighter option since I live in a studio apartment..(i just double checked measurements to make sure I didn't f up):

AD7: 53 (L) x 26.5 (W) x 53 (H) ; 113 lbs

Echo: 58.875 (L) x 29.875 (W) x 52.75 (H) ; 127 lbs

Very slight difference but in a studio-city apartment every inch is important.

I'll DM you regardless so we can see.

@moppy Mine don’t wiggle when I first tightened them but they get loose enough to wiggle a little bit after every couple months use. I’m sure blue loctite would solve it but its just as easy to just give it s few turns with an L wrench and tighten it back down.

2 minutes of maintenance every few months aint bad

@moppy Tighten until it doesn't wiggle. The wiggle drives me crazy.

I have one in our basement gym and our friends have another, theirs wiggles because hes afraid to break it and every time i get on to ride it drives me bananas.

I would tighten it, ride for a few calories to test, if it still moves then tighten a little more. Repeat until no wiggle is noticeable.

Back