Fitness after 2 c-sections

joshua3

I love this sub, I’m so glad to be able to see similar body types, and goals, and complaints! I’ve had two children (both c sections) and I’m finally committed to getting back into shape. But im already frustrated looking at the work I need to do. I started at 130 and would like to get back to 115. I know this takes a lot of time.

I was looking through my old fitness photos and see how I looked at 107 lbs and remember feeling I had so much room to improve. Gah! Anyway, just a vent and I appreciate the ideas and support here!

@joshua3 I can only imagine the mental and physical challenges that you are faced with! Though I cannot fully relate to your exact situation, I know what it’s like to face a tough challenge.

All journeys (long, short, tough or easy) start with the first step.

My advice…don’t over think it. Take the first step…no matter how small.

Maybe it’s taking a 10 minute walk today, and tomorrow taking a 12 minute walk and so on.

Whatever you do…take that first step…and keep moving forward.

You will get there!!!

@joshua3 Hi! I've had 3 c sections and the hardest part of working out was building back my core. I had terrible back pain, and groin pain every time I would work out. I decided to improve my core, my balance, and my mobility by doing yoga every other day. I've been doing this for 2.5 years now. I recently (within the last 6 months) started weight lifting and light cardio 4x a week. My pain is now minimal. My core is strong and I no longer feel tugging or straining in my groin/hips. I would encourage you to build back those core muscles slowly and then go from there. Good luck!

@joshua3 I'm on a similar journey! 3 c sections, trying to get back to 110-115. Currently at 125. I love and always recommend the Get Mom Strong app. It made such a difference for me. Best of luck on your journey!! 💪

@roz2477 Thanks for the recommendation! I’d be so proud to get down to 115. Current goal is to make it to 120 and then keep going. I’ll definitely try the app. Good luck to you too!