Forearm Training

bastionhd

Currently doing chest & back, legs, shoulders & arms, rest and repeat. What would be the ideal day to add a forearm exercise such as a reverse curl? Currently doing 6 exercises on my shoulder & arm days (2 shoulder/2 biceps/2 triceps) so ideally I’d prefer not to add another exercise to these days.
If I add 1/2 sets of heavy reverse curls at the end of 1 (or both) of my leg days would this have a negative impact on my arm day the next day or would 24 hours of rest be sufficient?
Cheers

@bastionhd Forearms usually recuperate very fast for me, similar to calves.

I’d say do it as you planned, and accommodate if you end up too sore. It may take a bit of adapting but before long you’ll be able to use them pretty much any workout day so long as it’s not directly before heavy pulls. Pre fatiguing them from heavy pulls can be great as well, but don’t let grip strength be a limiting factor in any exercise other than grip specific ones

@joywager I was in an almost opposite boat, largely hampered by being a former fat guy so my calves were relatively big for a beginner, before I really needed to do work specific to them. But forearm size was hard to see until I really successfully started to cut. And I mostly mean they both recover the same for me: relatively quick.

Back