Good Protein powder search!!

jesusislord1076

Hi guys i recently started working out & am actually very skinny. i was wondering which whey protein free gainer protein powders y’all can recommend? i need to avoid whey protein bc that can cause me acne(i’m not actually vegan) & would like a gainer protein powder to help me gain weight. i’m struggling to find one bc i know some plant based protein powders r high in metals so i was wondering if y’all had any weight gainer plant protein powders that is low on metals for me? (even non plant & whey gainer protein powders would b good!!) thanks !

@jesusislord1076 Don't worry about protein powders -- they're expensive, micronutrient poor and unnecessary. Honestly, the best way for you to put on size is to just eat more food. You need more calories to grow, not just protein.

An easy way to do this would be to snack of dried fruit and nuts throughout the day and add avocado, seeds, coconut or oil to whatever food you're eating.

If you can't stomach eating any more food, then blend oats in plant milk with a nut butter (preferably made from just nuts and salt), flax, hemp and chia seeds, and a banana or berries. You can add some macadamia nut oil to the drink for some extra calories.

All the best :)

@jesusislord1076 Eating right goes with how hard you go in the gym. It's a learning process. Find out what your estimated calorie maintenance is and go up 500 calories. Focus on high protein foods first, quinoa, beans, seitan and tofu are all examples. Protein powders are great once you know what you are doing and are willing to go the mile. Good luck!

Back