Help on a Workout Routine

iithebeardii

Just wanted to ask for some advice on this workout routine because I’m around 156-160 pounds at roughly 5’7 and I am struggling to get rid of some fat. If anyone had a good diet plan that would work well with this workout routine that would be great too!

Workout Routine:

-Day 1, 3, 5 (Arms, Back, Abs)-
- Bench Press 4 x 8-12 Reps supersetted with 5 Regular, Diamond, Fingertip, Wide, and Pile Push-ups each
- Rows 4 x 8-12 reps supersetted with 4 × 30 Bodyweight Rows
- Weighted Pull-ups 4 x 8-12 supersetted with Cobras
- Shoulder Press 4 x 8-12 supersetted with Ball Slams for 30 seconds
- Front Raises 4 x 12-15 supersetted with Ball Slams for 30 seconds
- Alternating Reverse Curls 3 x 8-12 supersetted with Burpees for 7-10 reps
- V-Ups 4 x 12 supersetted with Weighted Plank 30 seconds-1 minute
- Russian Twists 3 x 20 supersetted with Elbow to Knees for 30 seconds

-Day 2, 4, 6 (Legs, Boxing or Karate Practice, Abs)-
- Weighted Squats 3 x 12-15 supersetted with Hindu Squats for 30 seconds
- Dumbbell lunges 3 x 12 EACH SIDE supersetted with 30 seconds of lunges then 30 seconds of reverse lunges
- Double Crunches 30 seconds alternating with 30 seconds of Mountain climbers (repeat this circuit 3 times no rest)
- V-Ups 4 x 12 supersetted with Weighted Plank 30 seconds-1 minute
- Russian Twists 3 x 20 supersetted with Elbow to Knees for 30 seconds
- Ab Pulldowns 3 x 20
- Boxing or Karate Practice 15-30 minutes

-Daily Things-
- Try to run with Kirby 3 miles every day besides rest day
- Keep up the protein intake
- Abs every day

@iithebeardii Your asking your body to both grow and shrink at the same time.

Yes, it is possible to gain muscle and lose fat at the same time but, I recommend picking one as a priority. Many people will do this in phases (like a bulk or maintenance phase and then a cut phase).

Ideally the number of reps/sets would match the objective of your phase.

@iithebeardii I would reduce to 3 days a week in the gym (with just a goal to be active (walk, bike, etc) for a least 30 minutes on the non gym days.

I would start you with a 3 week strength phase with maintenance calories (goal is to maintain your current weight for the next three weeks).

I would focus on compound lifts (BB back squat, deadlift, overhead press) with 2-5 sets of 1-4 reps per set. No more than an hour in the gym with 2-3 minutes rest between sets. Do one of those compound lifts each of the three days and fill the rest of your workouts with other lifts of your choice same rep/set range and same rest.

That's what I would program for you for the first three weeks.