Help selecting a weights program

selyan

Hello! My dad (M71) has requested for Christmas a weights-based workout video program that is “like P90X but age appropriate”.

He’s reasonably fit for his age but by no means a bodybuilder type and the few other Beachbody programs I’m aware of - Body Beast, Insanity, etc - are wildly out of his range.
On the other hand he’d be offended by something like “Chair Exercises for Seniors” (which is one of the top results in my poor attempt at a Google search).

Please help???

@selyan Buy him a set of good resistance bands (I like Undersun, but to each his own) and a video or membership to an app (Apple Fitness+ is actually pretty good, but to each his own). If you’re thinking of splurging, buy him a good rower—it’s the perfect low-impact full-body exercise, and it’s easy to learn.

@selyan Other commentators have some great suggestions, but I would add that you might want to get your dad for Xmas some sessions with a personal trainer or Physical Therapist who specializes in working with older adults. A lot has to do with diet and hormones too. If he wants to get fitter and stronger, he will have to pay some attention to more than just exercise.

@selyan I use insanity F(47). I just modify and complete at my own speed. Body for life might be a great option for your Dad.

Back