Help the newbie, heheheheh

sonofthewest

Hello Im M 104 kilo ask lng po or need assurance idk what this is pero my coach like we had an estimation that our goal is to mag bawas ng 4 kilos every month para swak sa pag dating ng april ma achieve ko na yung I think goal weight? Pero wala nmn talaga akong goal weight my only goal is to be fit lang naman so Im approaching my 2nd month na sa gym and ang nabawas lng sakin ay 2 kilos pero indi pako sure kasi sabi ni coach 2 things, 1 if I want to know my exact weight I should weigh it in the morning kung saan wala pa akong kinakain or after wake up, then 2nd indi ko daw need eh trust yung weighing scale kasi yung ginagawa nmin is the more we lose fat we are building muscle so the more muscle grow the heavier I get so you know parang di daw makikita masyado yung progress sa weighing scale kasi nag babalance ang fat and muscle if you know what I mean. (BTW I go to the gym 5-6 days) So after ko sinabi sa kanya na 2 kilos lng nabawas ko inassure niya lng ako na that is the standard 2-3 kilos per month then if 4 kilos maxed na yun and intense daw yung exercise which is mabilis ma burnt out ang body which is I agree nmn kasi di nmn ako nag mamadali wala lang siguro na ano lang ako overwhelmed kasi first time sa fitness. Yun lang po have a great day/night feel free to comment your opinion.

EDIT: sorry sa confusion 5-6 times a week po sorry, and indi nmn siya all in all weights lang we do 4 x a week functionals and 1 day of weights kasi for me to be able to have 2 days rest which is the weekends. Thats why I scheduled the weights oh friday for my muscle to have time to heal or expand or bsta mawala yung maga to rest in general.

@sonofthewest Read credible sources

It's hard to measure progress if you only have one metric. Kung weight lang ang basis mo of success and failure then you're bound by the limitations of that metric.

Tama yung #1. Weigh ins should always be done first thing in the morning after you go to the washroom.

2 is also true and this is why just looking at weight and only weight is a poor way of tracking progress.

Get other metrics, kung nagbuild ka ng muscle then it should show in training.

Other things:

5-6x a week in the gym is odd for a novice. Be wary, if you're in the gym more than you're fixing your intake then your point of focus is off. Kung weight loss ang goal, majority of the time and effort and focus should be on creating a deficit through controlling intake. Even if you double or triple what you do sa gym it will not make weight loss faster. It's been studied, over and over again, malala ang diminishing returns ng calorie burn using exercise.

Read up on constrained energy expenditure model ni Herman Pontzer