Help with calorie deficits

phil4367

I recently started working out. I train upper body 5 days a week and legs once a week. I do 5 exercises for each part. Three sets of 10-15 reps. I thereafter do cardio where I wait her walk for the treadmill on 12 incline at 5 km/h for 20-40 minutes or a I do a fatloss session which has exercises like jumping jacks etc. so it’s like a HIIT session. I do that for 20-25 minutes. I’m otherwise sedentary throughout the day.

I’m currently eating 1200-1500 calories. How much should I ideally be eating to loose around 9 kgs in 3 months. I do not understand If I come in the category of light exercise or moderate. I tend to walk atleast 5k steps daily on the treadmill. Help me with understanding what else i should be doing to loose weight and if what Im doing is enough

I’m 5’1 and 147 lbs or 67 kgs

@phil4367 That’s pushing it. Just keep doing what you are doing and see how it goes. You could up your steps but if you eat too little your workouts will suffer and a binge is inevitable.

@phil4367 That's not a lot of calories at all and 9kgs in 3 months sounds like a big goal. How have you been feeling eating 1200 - 1500 calories? If you recently started working out, that's really great of you, and that alone will help you lose weight even if you ate the way you used to eat before working out.

@tania19 I feel hungry sometimes on 1200 calories if my workout has been demanding. But I don’t feel like I need more than 1500. 1500 feels enough.
Got it. Thanks

Sounds like moderate activity level to me. Steps may be a little low for moderate though. A 500 calorie per day deficit should produce like a 4 to 5 pound weight loss per month. Have you been losing on 12-1500 calories?

@danilog I have but I’m not sure how much. I lost around one kg in the first week when I was eating 1000 calories per day. After that it’s been 2 weeks I’m not sure. Should I up my steps?

@phil4367 If you can get your steps to 8000-10000 a day I think you’d be able to enjoy dieting more bc 1500 cals should be enough of a deficit to produce weight loss.