Help with modifying my routine

justbadcode

I've been working out for a while now, but I feel like I need to change it up. I wanna see how my routine currently is. Is there advice, feedback, areas of growth, or some help you can offer?

My currently split is something like PPL. It's easier for me to do push/legs and pull/abs. I don't often do cardio, but I've been adding that into my routine as I've become less busy. I try to go around 4 times a week so I can hit everything at least twice. There are some exercises that I switch depending on what's available at the gym. For example, I might do tricep extensions instead of skull crushers if that machine is busy.

I appreciate anything yall can offer. Thank you!

Abs and pull

Crunch (Body Weight) - 4 sets of 12 reps

Pull Up (Assisted)

50lbs x 10 reps

40lbs x 8 reps

30lbs x 6 reps

50lbs x 10 reps

Cable Twist (Up to down) - 4 sets of 8 reps

Seated Cable Row - V Grip (Cable) - 4 sets of 8 reps

Crunch (Machine) - 4 sets of 8 reps

Bicep Curl (Cable) - 4 sets of 8 reps

Push and legs

Hip Adduction (Machine) - 4 sets of 8 reps

Butterfly (Pec Deck) - 4 sets of 8 reps

Single Leg Press (Machine) - 4 sets of 8 reps

Lateral Raise (Dumbbell) - 4 sets of 8 reps

Skullcrusher (Dumbbell) - 4 sets of 8 reps

Romanian Deadlift (Dumbbell) - 4 sets of 8 reps

Decline Bench Press (Machine) - 4 sets of 8 reps

@justbadcode What are your goals? If you're just someone who wants to stay healthy, active and gain/maintain some strength, this is fine. But if you have more ambitious goals (e.g., building a significant amount of muscle mass), there are much better, existing programs out there.

@adviceplease Gain muscle and lose weight mostly. My goals are ambitious, but not super ambitious. Mostly trying to transform my dad bod. Lol.

Are there programs you'd recommend or is there something with my current program that you think could be modified to help?

Back