High frequency FBW training and myo-reps

I'm currently running high frequency FBW 5x per week consisting of 3sets per muscle group and a little bit less for legs.

I want to incorporate myo-reps for this type of training, but I'm a little bit worried about recovery.

If I'll do something like 1x20+5+5+5+4 - won't it be too much to recover for a next training, if it will occur e.g next day?

I'd say I'm an advanced lifter, with approx 6-7 years of lifting and pretty resistant to volumes, especially for smaller muscle groups, so maybe it would work.

I'm currently hoping that this switch would especially help with my chest as it's my weakest body part.

Thanks in advance!

@fromsalemwithlove In my personal opinion/experience with myo-reps, a work set followed by 3 myorep sets would probably cause as much fatigue as 3 normal work sets. If you're recovering from 3 sets daily, I'd start with 4 myorep sets, (arguably it's 1 myorep set but for the sake of clarity I'll rephrase it in this context), not 5.

I've enjoyed resting 30 seconds on the days I do myoreps, so it would look more like 20, 10, 10, 10, or 15, 8, 8, 8.

@leena2016 Are Myo-reps any different than "rest pause" which is what I have my wife do if she is running out of time. Would you mind explaining how you do your myo-reps? Even at 30 second rest do your reps not go down (vs. 10,10,10).

@snippy Myo-reps was a term coined by Dante Trudel for his DC Training system. Myo-reps are rest-pause, but a specific type, where you go relatively heavy, 7-10 reps, rest for 10-15 breaths, (breaths specifically, rather than a specific period of time), and do two more, so over the 3 sets you generally hit 11-15 reps.

If you're doing rest-pause training, you could be doing 3 sets like above, or 4 or 5 or whatever, you could be doing the first set with 7-10 reps or 12 or 15 or 20, or 5.

When I do rest-pause, 14-20 reps on the first set & 30 seconds rest, my reps don't really go down much after the second set. From the first set to the second, they normally almost half, and then the roughly stay the same or drop slightly. That's just the nature of fatigue. It's hard and timely to get back that last 15% of your strength but very quick to get back the initial 85%.

@fromsalemwithlove training is subjective. try it, and listen to your bodys feedback. for someone with 6-7years of training experience this shouldnt be news to you. someone who did exactly as you did may not have recovered, but that person is different from you