high rise yoga pants recommendation?

whitab

I bought these pants from Target one time - they were on the clearance rack - and they are AMAZING. Super soft, good pockets, and they don't roll down my waist while I'm working out. My current batch of workout pants keep sliding down and I am always hitching the waist band back up. Alas, they are hard to find at all, much less in my size. Can anyone recommend a favorite brand similar to these? I'm 4'11" and wear a large in the linked pants. Thanks!

@whitab I live and die by Fabletics leggings. They can be kind of pricey so I always buy them second hand through Poshmark or Mercari or a similar resale app. Quality, comfortable, won't slip and many have huge pockets on the side.

@whitab I'm addicted to Aerie Offline leggings. A little on the expensive side, but worth it since they have so many sizes and heights. There's also sales pretty frequently which help. I have six pairs, all the same size. They still fit great despite losing twenty pounds (190-170), so I don't think you'll have to worry about them getting too big too quickly. I'm 5'1" for reference and buy a Short.

I used to buy from Target, but they change their stock and manufacturers too often, making it difficult for me to rebuy leggings I like. I had 6 months of just buying and returning leggings because of weird fit issues. Those I did buy in the meantime had severe pilling between the thighs because of chubrub, and none offered different heights, so they scrunched at the bottom.

Real Me High-Waisted Cross Over Flare: Cute for the look, but I haven't worked out in them. By the way they wear they would probably great for anaerobic exercise or light exercise. Very comfy, but no pockets. But they do make you feel like a flowy workout goddess.

Real Me High-Waisted Cross Over Legging: Great to work out in, very light material that's great for outdoor workouts during warm weather. Buy a regular length if you prefer full length instead of 7/8. They have a pocket version, but I don't own it (yet).

The Hugger Ribbed Pocket Legging: Best for working out and high movement aerobic exercise. Stiffer and keeps everything in and tight. Has pockets and keeps my phone secure. The ribbed texture looks more badass than you think it would.

Minimal pilling and I've had all of them for about 8 months now. Definitely worth it!

@whitab I buy the yogipace leggings on Amazon. They come in various styles and lengths (I have them in 23" and 25"). I think some of the styles come with a tie waist, to help prevent them from rolling down. Mine don't have that feature but I can say that sizing down fixed the hitching/rolling down problem.

And if anyone gets cameltoe with Old Navy leggings -- no matter whether you size up or down -- the yogipace do NOT do that!