How long do you expect your crossfit shoes to last?

I train 6 times a week. In each session I do one lifting based workout (squats, snatches, C & J, etc.) and one metcon. So a total of 12 workouts a week.

I’ve always come up disappointed at how long my shoes last.

I’ve had:

Nano 3 (still fine actually, just a bit stretched).

Metcon 2 (soles started to wear down pretty badly after 9 months at the back, making the shoe unstable. The uppers also started to separate where they were glued).

Nano 7 (soles also wore down after about 9 months).

Nobull trainers (inside material wore through after 6 months at the heel).

Innov8 (uppers tore after about 8 months).

I don’t feel like I’m harder on the shoes than any other athlete would be. I also don’t think I have bad running technique that would cause the soles to wear down.

For the price of these shoes, I’d expect at least a year or more.

I’m interested to see the experience you folks have had.

@sonofgodbrotherofman Running shoes for marathon is expected to have around 900 KM in them. That is around 90 runs, if you compare that with your shoes. You get estimated 336 work outs from each shoe. So i don't think you should expect more from them tbh.

@sonofgodbrotherofman Prices vary a lot by color on Amazon. I found a pair of new Nano 8s for $60 right after they came out because the shoes were a weird green color. I used to do this with running shoes when I was marathon training as well.

@sonofgodbrotherofman Get some barefoot shoes. They last forever because the cushioning never wears out(because there is no cushioning). Vivobarefoot just launched a strength shoe one and it looks pretty sweet(their shoes last for a long time). Xero shoes has some too I think.

Warning (if you do go the barefoot route)... Work into barefoot shoes slowly. Very slowly. Otherwise you'll risk overuse injuries because your feet will be worked in ways that they haven't been for likey years.

@sonofgodbrotherofman I still wear the Metcon 2s I had from over three years ago and it’s about to outlast my Metcon 4s. I like how the 2 doesn’t squeak anymore since it’s worn out and feels much more comfortable/stable when doing regular metcons compared to the 4s.

@sonofgodbrotherofman That’s a great deal! The constant crease my 4s are getting from squatting on the balls of my feet is tearing the outer side of the sole from the mesh and now it’s causing a tear that’s getting bigger.

I think the gum sole is too sturdy and the adhesive they used to glue it to the mesh part isn’t strong enough. Other than that I think the 4s are awesome!

@sonofgodbrotherofman I have a similar exercise regimen, weigh 195 pounds, and get about 6 months out of a pair of shoes before I notice them breaking down. It does not matter if they are running or training (Metcon/Crossfit) type shoes. I notice that my lighter weight gym buddies change out their shoes less frequently.