How the hell do you motivate yourself to give 100%?

catbus

Typing this at the gym.

I noticed that, given the time, I actually have no problem bringing myself over to the gym. The problem is going hard when I go to the gym.

I used to have a personal trainer and I see him every now and then when I go to the gym (AF). He rightfully pointed out that ever since we stopped training together I’ve been lifting lighter, my rests between sets have gotten longer, and my form has gotten sloppy.

Honestly it’s true. Sometimes I’ll be in the middle of a set and I’ll be like “shit I don’t wanna do this anymore, I don’t even really wanna be ripped like that” tas boom I end up doing 8 reps instead of 12 or 12 imbis na 15.

I give like 70% or 80% on a good day. How do you motivate yourself to get to 100?

@catbus Have goals that are actually yours and not imposed on you by peers or society. If it's something you actually want to achieve it'll be easier to find motivation

@catbus You have to find a good reason why you are doing this. A deep purpose only you can find somewhere inside of you. Also, provide a system where you can have a session that will allow you to be at 100%, meaning you are well rested, had a good meal and a conducive training environment.

@catbus It starts with your why. Even if it’s vague. It can also change over time. Some go for fun, some want to get big muscles, get ripped, others want to be stronger, live a healthier life, train for a sport, improve their self esteem, as part of their self-discovery, etc. It could be any reason but it has to be your reason.

@catbus if you're like that then better not go to the gym, it is pointless if you don't do progressive overload. Just go for a run or any sports that you might enjoy.

@catbus Skl I found my enjoyment in fitness activities through dance, boxing and yoga classes.

For gym access, I purchase "day passes" instead of monthly subs, kasi nabobore talaga ako sa gym pag paulit ulit.

Might be applicable to you as well.

@catbus Sinasabi ko sa sarili ko na problema nga sa bahay, work at kung san san pa di ko magawan ng solusyon. Eto pa kayang 15r lateral raise di ko pa magawa. Whahahhaa

Kidding aside, am focusing dun sa small wins. Na ui, nabuhat ko to ah. Try ko nga ng mas mabigat kung mabubuhat ko.

@fodare Huhu same tayo ng tono ng motivation! Hahaha lahat ng bagay sa buhay ko di ko macontrol 100% except dito sa gym. "I can only control my own mind and body. Kaya to hanggang 25!" Hahahahaha

@catbus "deserve ng katawan ko maging healthy"

"gusto ko tumagal prime ko"

"ayoko, mag labas pasok sa hospital and mag karoon ng maintenance agad"

@catbus Going to the gym is a good example of 'its about the journey, not the destination.' If you dont enjoy fine tuning technique, trying to beat your previous best, or just plain hate working out, then its gonna be a tough and bumpy ride at malamang hindi mo rin maaabot yung target physique mo. . If you're doing it for weight loss, baka mas okay maghanap ka ng ibang activities na you actually enjoy doing.

@catbus Motivation is fleeting talaga, make it a daily part of your existence. Though I always fail this part. Pero they say, make working out like an actual job, you can through the whole session without feeling motivated or even annoyed. But at least you worked out lol

@catbus Sometimes it's actually your diet. Try to clean it up so you don't feel so heavy/tired or low energy.

Aside from that, I just look at myself in the mirror and get insulted of how I look, and I'd be a sucker to just accept that. "Get back to work, no one's gonna save you. Your gf left you for someone more physically fit."

@catbus Youre already going to the gym consistently. Giving it your 70-80% is still better than doing nothing. Lamang kana agad sa most population.

Just dont expect great results lalo na kung wala ka naman body goals. I think that's fine.

You do you.

As for me, it's a hobby. And i want to get good at it. Yun ang nag momotivate sakin. Just like in every craft you're doing. Gusto mo maging magaling (in gym context - get ridiculously shredded and unnecessarily strong)

@catbus Another way to motivate yourself is to remember na “do it because you can, not because you should”

Parang mindset framing sya na u have the luxury and the time to get fit so might as well maximize it