How to alternate Upper if switching from PPL to UL (3x a week to 2x a week)?

redshark

Currently doing PPL. I need to switch to UL (2x a week) for various reasons, including focusing more on training for my sport.

So right now I have combined my Push and Pull and split them into 2 Uppers (A and B). So I'd be doing U(a), L or U(b), L.

The question is, how often am I alternating? Weekly? Biweekly? Monthly?

@redshark I wouldn’t train less than 3x a week. You can do 3x a week alternating U and L each time so each muscle is trained 3x every 2 weeks. Or if you have to only train twice a week then train upper once and lower once.

@redshark I wouldn't worry about the split too much. Figure out how much volume of each movement pattern you want that will match your goals/needs and divide them into what essentially are two full body days (doesn't mean you have to train full body). If you need more sets than you can fit in two training days, then split them among a 3rd or 4th day and rotate through. Break out of the 7 day week mindset if you need. This might take a little more thought on your part but you gotta do what you can to work within your own circumstances.