How to get rid of skinny fat?

seeker422

I’m a 20F and i just have stubborn fat i can’t shed from my tummy. I’d like to be leaner in all aspects though. I do lots of cardio and enjoy being outdoors. I hate the gym. What can i do at home and outdoors that will rid me of the skinny fat build? Cardio and calorie deficit doesn’t seem to be getting me all the way there. Thanks for the help!

@seeker422 /r/bodyweightfitness recommended routine. a pullup bar and elastic bands are recommended. for lower body you will be quite limited. if you can id nut up and get a planetfitness membership

@seeker422 In a proper caloric deficit, your body will burn fat for energy. No amount of type of exercise can target that fat burning. Resistance training and proper protein can ensure you burn fat over muscle or other tissue for fuel. If you still have an excess of fat, eating in an actual deficit is the only option.
No exercise can target that location.

@seeker422 Skinny fat is just another word for being normal. Everyone has fat, some have back fat, some people have leg fat. Everyone has fat that doesn’t make you fat.

@seeker422 Build muscles and burn fat, don’t just diet. If you don’t burn calories by moving you’ll mostly lose water weight. Go for walks, do some HIIT training or go for runs. If you do this on a calory deficit you will lose weight.

@seeker422 If you're slowly losing weight you're doing everything you can. The more you cut calories the harder it gets as your bodyfat percentage drops. At some point it will become unrealistic and unhealthy to continue to drop bodyfat. Your best bet is to focus on muscle building via hypertrophy. The easiest and most reliable way to do that is to follow a weight lifting program focused on progressive overload. If you add 5-10lbs of muscle while keeping the same amount of fat your body fat percentage will still decrease because lean body mass has increased. If you don't add muscle you're always going to be fighting with your diet. Over time if you add more muscle you will raise your bmr and the amount of calories you burn a day meaning you'll be able to eat more calories without being in a surplus.

@seeker422 you need to build muscle, eat high protein , stop doing lots and lots of cardio, sorry but you will probably have to do some heavy lifting. you need to build your shape

@seeker422 some core workouts might help, you don't need to go to the gym for that.

not in a way you will lose fat in your belly way, but some strong muscle there might tone your belly.

but we can speculate as much as we want online, but a gp visit might help actually. if you are really worried.

Back