how to workout and build muscle ‘properly’

quantumleap009

so after a long miserable time of just restricting calories and nothing else ive finally decided to try building muscle and eating better instead.

the problem is i have no idea where to start, i’m really scared of doing something wrong and injuring myself or building the wrong muscles and ending up looking bigger; i want to do body recomp but i honeslty havé like 0 knowledge of anything. i know you’re supposed to eat more protein and breathing and posture is important but that’s the extent of my knowledge lol

i’d appreciate any advice / resources, especially in depth ones because i’m a complete beginner lol. my goal is to get leaner and more toned (i know that word is annoying i’m sorry 😭) i don’t reallt want to build my quads or biceps, my main goal is to have more muscle so i can eat more and still stay lean

i can’t afford a personal trainer or to go to the gym unfortunately so i’ll have to do it all at home

thank u in advance 🫶

@quantumleap009 Everyone is different, and I’m not a health professional so I feel unqualified to answer your question confidently, but I didn’t start to “grow” until I intentionally started lifting heavy and progressively overloading at the gym.

I don’t think you have to worry about that from at home workouts. Most of the exercises you do at home stimulate different muscle fibers from the ones you typically stimulate when lifting heavy.

@quantumleap009 From what a lot of people on here have said, it sounds like Caroline Girvan on YouTube would be well worth a try for you :) seems like a ton of people have gotten amazing results from her workouts