I’m seeing results with just an 8lb dumbbell…

mako80

Just started working out consistently a couple months ago (body type: athletic slim) and decided to go the low intensity route after getting tired of going too hard too soon and then hurting myself.

I’ve just been using what I have (aforementioned 8 pounder) and went up from once a day to twice a day, and am seeing not insignificant results, including muscle mass, some strength, and a doubling of the total number of reps I can do. Eventually I’ll move up to a 10, 15, etc.

I think the only reason I’m surprised is because all my friends who work out kind of scoff at this approach. What do y’all think?

@mako80 I have 2 5 pound dumbbells and they work pretty well, especially starting over working out after a very long time. You can use them right in so many ways.

Very cool to hear your progress! Great job!

@mako80 When covid started and gyms were closed forever I bought a couple 20lb ones and did at home workouts with them and my arms were alot bigger a few months in

@mako80 Any kind of consistency and progressive overload. Ex going up in weights or going up in reps is all going to bring results. Now if you want to keep progressing and seeing results you’re going to have to go up in weight for sure and lower the reps.