I’m trying to pass the law enforcement PAT and can’t do push-ups. What workout routine would you recommend?

I have a small gym in my apartments. I am 5’11 and weigh about 190. I would say most of that is body fat but I’m not totally unhealthy. How could I adjust my diet and workout routine to be able to do thirty pushups? Any help would be amazing and appreciated.

@christianwaelder918 Cut out junk and processed food. Eat protein, vegetables, complex carbs and fat. You need carbs and fat for energy, but they should represent about 35% to 40% combined of your daily calories - look into counting macros - it’s life changing. Drink water, eliminate alcohol if you can. Regarding the actual push ups, you can do hand release push ups, push ups on your knees or push ups with your hands on a bench, so that your chest is higher than your toes. Google it. You’ll find lots of ways to get there. Mainly, you just have to do them, but look at videos to make sure you’re doing them right. Hope this helps.

@christianwaelder918 (Edit, changing this). So what i did in MIL. Was. Whenever i watched TV. I did X number of pushups every commercial break. Started at 10 every. Break, up to 30-35.. if you can’t get 10 each break. Do as many as you can…. You should be able to get to 10 each break. I did it for about 2 hours a day.. each time you can do tv time and hit your number every set.. bump up 2 PUs. if you really want to push it, do 10pu, 10SU. Each break..

I ALSO required doing power lifting for about 2 months.. (high weight, low reps), to build muscle strength in. My chest. 2 months in the gym, And the above; It took me 9mo to max the PT test.
Do ALL the sets, even if you can only do a few….