I need a workout routine and honestly I think if I gained 40lbs I could look like brad Pitt from fight club

sanman08

I’m a 21m who is 6’3 130lbs. I’m super skinny but I got a strong core and I’m somewhat athletic from all the different sports I played as a kid. I’m struggling to gain to weight (I know I need to eat more) but I also want a good workout routine so I don’t just gain a bunch of fat. Some advice on gaining weight/workout routines would be helpful. I have a thing for pull ups and I have 8lbs and 15 lbs dumbbells. Can’t join a gym currently so I can only do at home workouts. Thanks.

@sanman08 The recommended routine from r/bodyweightfitness might be what you’re looking for. Especially good if you have access to gymnastics rings.

For gaining weight, you don’t have to go crazy. An increase of 1-2% in your weekly average weight per month is ideal. That means no more than a 100-300 calorie surplus daily. As long as you can eat even just an extra couple of biscuits after dinner, or a chocolate bar consistently you should gain weight.

Obviously aim to get a minimum 1.6g protein per kg bodyweight every day too.

@sanman08 I would second the Recommended Routine as well, but your not going to pack on 40lbs of muscle just w body weight exercises and those dumbbells. If you can afford a 16kg kettlebell it will do a lot for you. If you can afford two, it’ll do even more. FB marketplace is a good place to look. Just keep in mind, even if everything is going great vis-a-vi nutrition and programming, it will take you several years to gain that kind of muscle mass.

Edit: Weighted dips and pull/ chin ups will go a long way. Don’t forget to do squats.

Back