I need help! 36m 6’1 345lbs

findingrest

As the title suggests I need help with some home workouts. Firstly I have no idea how to plan a workout, which muscle group to do, etc. I have recently been eating healthier at about 2200 calories a day and walking 2 miles every night. With that I have lost around 20lbs. im looking to learn more about workouts and lifting. I’m not a big fan of gyms but willing to buy equipment if I only knew what to get. It would be greatly appreciated in any information to help me with this new journey in my life. Thank you.

@findingrest I started not so long ago myself so I'm not a qualified pro by a long shot. I went to the fitness wiki. You can find pretty much all the info you need. There are also some routines you can follow to get you started.

I also like Fiton and Nike training club app. Both have loads of exercises for free. Some weight lifting, pilates, bodyweight, yoga, low impact.. just loads to choose from.

You can also check caliber app or fitbod app for tracking progress. Bodyweight warrior app for calisthenics. I also saw gymshark training app but didn't check it out properly.

I'm the same with gyms, prefer to workout at home. I have resistance bands, adjustable weights, some kettlebels, yoga mat and skipping rope. I also just ordered paraler bars (dip bars) because I want to do some Australian pull ups anf other stuff.

Most important start slow, at the beginning it's fine if you don't lift heavy as long as your form is good. Once you get good at holding the form you can increase the weight.

Back