I need some advice!

singbassman

Hiii! I’m a 20yo 156 cm girl (5’1) and 44 kg (97 lbs). I’ve been trying to gain some weight (and muscle) so I started to lift weights (fbw 3x per week for about an hour or hour and a half), sometimes I also do Pilates, stretching and some dancing (during rest days, so around 4 times a week for 20-60 minutes). On top of that, I try to walk 2-6 k steps. I’m a bit confused about the diet and my current activity level. I’ve been trying to eat 1800-1900 calories daily, but I constantly feel like it’s too much or too little. Is there someone who can help me with reassuring me it’s gonna work for me?(Maybe someone similar to my height who’ve been there!). thank you 😊

@singbassman I would keep pushing your calories up until you gain weight and then can level off when you’re in a healthier weight range. You’re definitely not eating too much if you’re 97 pounds.

@singbassman Focus on a high protein level for your diet and 1800 calories might not be enough. You have a very high level of activity throughout your week. Dancing can be very aerobic. Start by tracking weight bi weekly and adjust your calories based on what happens with your weight.

@singbassman Unfortunately with petite people it's a lot of trial and error. You just gotta track your weight, energy and mood levels and see what is working best for you. You might need to eat more to see how that feels.

Keep in mind that women on average can only gain 6-12lbs of muscle in a year at best (without steroids).

Back