If ESPN made a 30 for 30 about Crossfit what story would they tell?

peachandflowers

If you aren't familiar with ESPNs 30 for 30 documentaries, they are under an umbrella of titles for a series of documentary films airing on ESPN that shine a light and tell a story or highlighting important people and events in sports history. 30 for 30 is about over coming adversity and the path/downfall to/from glory. It has to be interesting background story. They just don't make documentaries about a guy/gal who had blessed genetics and was great.

I'm a huge sports fan and I think ESPN has really gone so far down hill the last few years. This is pretty much the only thing I enjoy that they do anymore.

What story or person would they do the documentary on? Crossfit is a very very young sport so it would be more difficult to make a documentary, but just for fun and theoretical argument sake who or what would you choose?

Trailer:

@hjb The back story is a number of persons involved early on in crossfit wanted to close it off. They would gained to be the financial beneficiaries (and more control). Castro put an end to that movement and unceremoniously got rid of all those trying to capitalize on crossfit. Dave is an ultimate team guy and the detractors were trying to take control of the team.

@peachandflowers I mean Becca Voight appearing in every Games since the inception would be a pretty good story.

Or Rich Froning redeeming himself after 2010 to become a dynasty until himself, but that story has already been told.

@peachandflowers I think Chris Spealler's story would be most envoking. Sure, Rich has won 4 individual games and 2 team cups, but Spealler has always been an underdog and has always shown a level of intensity that I don't think has ever been matched. It fits with a 30 for 30 story because it's not a happy, "one guy dominates" typical hero story. We see the rise of Spealler, his retirement, and his new saga into masters.

@peachandflowers I'd kinda think katrin Davidisdottir's rise, collapse at the 2014 games and rise to become a 2 time winner and the sport's joint most successful women ever so far. It helps the 2015 games were a real knife edge too. It could be interweened with how Iceland became such a Crossfit factory despite being such a small nation.

Saying that I thought the 2015 games documentary did that story already to be fair.

@simoelguerdy PEDs are in EVERY sport whether testing happens or not. Get over it.

It's not in the 1990's or early 2000's anymore, so nobody should be shocked or surprised. I'm pretty much over any discussion of PEDs. Anytime there is $ involved in sports people are going to look for a competitive edge. I could careless anymore about any discussion of steroids, etc.