If you don’t mind no flavor, here’s the cheapest vegan pea protein powder I’ve found

charlotte42

NOW Sports Pea Protein Natural Unflavored Powder,7-Pound https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00JL6ZKFE/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_vAHXAb8YVVPDX

I purchased this a month ago and it’s huge and great. For 52g of protein per dollar, it’s outprices even most whey protein. It’s bland but you can mix it with other flavors (or drink it plain with cold water if you don’t mind the flavor like I do). It’s allergen free apparently, too.

Protein per dollar calculation:
(96 servings x (24g protein/serving)/($43.91)= 52.47 protein per dollar

$43.91 is my after tax purchase cost for this product. It looks like the price went up about a dollar since then, so it’s probably more like 50g of protein per dollar, depending on tax where you live.

@charlotte42 I like this brand for a lot of their other products. You can flavor it using cinnamon or cacao powder, or just add it to your smoothies.

I used to take this one, but I switched because it made me gassy. Now I take the Optimum Nutrition vegan powder without any digestive issues, but unfortunately it's way more expensive.

@jan800 Tbh I think it tastes like soft nothing! Cardboard has a distinct flavor (ye I’ve bitten into it lmao) this is just like...nothing but something at the same time. I drink it plain with water and have no issues doing it that way. No gagging here.

But then again people tend to taste things differently so what might be ok for me might be trash to you.

@momovich1 Interesting! I didn’t think it was chalky, I thought it was definitely heavy tho. I shake the shit out of it in a blender bottle or blend it so that might be why I haven’t noticed the chalkiness.

@charlotte42 I actually think the flavor isn't bad at all.
People whining about the taste must not have tasted rice protein, that shit is awful. ☺

Many protein powders contain lead.
Only 2 scoops of "Vega" pea protein would put you above the safe limit of lead intake and that's assuming you get no lead from any other source.
I mailed another brand and they didn't wanna give me any value even after mentioning that they're testing their products :|

Does anyone know if this product is clean or recommend any other product to avoid containments?

@charlotte42 Just in case anyone in the UK is looking - I've ranked about a dozen of Vegan protein powders in terms of price per gram of protein, how much stuff is in it (added fats, carbs, etc.), good stuff (BCAAs, vitamins) and purity (ratio of protein calories to total calories).

You can see all the powders I scored and the model I used. I've uploaded my calculator and tracker to Google Drive so anyone can have a look and pop your comments in there

Top 3 by total score & by price (lowest per gram of protein)

1) Nutrisport 90+ Protein Vegan Unflavoured 908g

2) SCI-MX Nutrition PRO V-GAIN PROTEIN, Chocolate, 2.2 kg

3) Pulsin' Unflavoured Pea Protein Powder, 1kg which came in equal score as THE PROTEIN WORKS Vegan Dairy Free High Protein Shake, Unflavoured, 500 g

Top 3 brands by purity of protein to calorie ratio

1) Nutrisport 90+ Protein Vegan Unflavoured 908g

2) THE PROTEIN WORKS Vegan Dairy Free High Protein Shake, Unflavoured, 500 g

3) Pulsin' Unflavoured Pea Protein Powder, 1kg

OK so my concern… I don’t believe the label on the
Nutrisport 90+. It says it’s got 357kcal in 100g of powder, and 90.2g protein
in the same 100g of powder…. I thought 1g of protein had roughly 4kcal so this
doesn’t add up. Also, it’s insanely cheap and it has lots of added BCAAs and
vitamins. It looks too good to be true in which case it probably is. Any advice
or comments would be great. I’ll be sticking to the Protein Works – as I liked
the extra fluff it had (Peruvian Maca, vitamins, lots of iron, etc.)