If you want to lose weight, get clear aligners for your teeth

d002sw

I recently got myself a set of clear aligners for my teeth. It's been two weeks since and I realize that my food intake has never been this tight. On normal days pre-aligners, I used to snack at regular intervals (nothing bad though, fruits and nuts). But with the aligners on, it's not a thing as I'll have to remove them, snack, brush my teeth, and wear them again. These 'extra steps' to snacking has meant I don't eat anything in-between my three meals for the day. I'll also have to wear the aligners at least 22 hours a day, so yet another reason to not remove them aside from meal time.

While I don't have a need to lose weight, I felt this is could be a good pointer for people looking to shed weight. Plus, most of us have never had braces on in childhood and have a set of teeth that can definitely be worked on. Making them right can improve your smile and greatly enhance your jawline too (if you have an underbite). Just my $0.02!

P.S. I mention clear aligners as you don't/can't remove traditional braces while eating (you remove clear aligners).

Back