Is my abs workout routine fine or im overloading?

dnth1991

I wanna know if my abs workout routine its fine, or if im overloading

Workout routine

Here are the links to my abs workouts

Chris Heria ABS:

Fraser Wilson ABS:

BUFF ACADEMY ABS:

Thanks guys!

Edit: Im a 20 years old male (1.81cm height), started doing exercise on October 9th 2020

Edit 2: here's a link to my routine, just in case the image doesnt load

@dnth1991 Hey there! Look, I'm no absolute expert, but I've been working out for about 10 years and I'm somewhere around your same age/height ballpark. The thing here is, first off, your diet.
Maybe you've heard it a million times in youtube videos, internet blogs, etc.
The thing is that... It actually makes a GREAT DEAL of a difference.
Imho, you're overdoing your abs routine(s).
Even though I've found over lecture and experience that abs are one of the only body parts that can actually handle (almost) daily workouts, I would not recommend the combination of both the intensity and the regularity with which you're playing here, mostly because you'll probably tank your results this way.

My recommendations would be:

1) again, commit to a high protein, low sugar, "healthy carb and fat" diet, with proper timing included.

2) work out your abs/core, at most, 3 times a week, following only ONE routine (as in, don't do EVERY routine with each workout). You can implement two/three rounds of each workout IF you notice no results within some time.

An alternative to this point is working out 4-5 times a week, with shorter workouts. Finely performed 10-15 minute workouts work WAAAAY better than testosterone-rushed 1 hour frenzies.

3) incorporate cardio/HIIT for core strength/definition. In combination with a proper diet, you'll notice a positive change within weeks.

4) when working out, focus not on repetitions, but on FORM. Straight up, I can tell you that the biggest differences I've ever noticed in my physique (and my friend's as well), came with a change of mindset regarding this specific point. Focusing on actually developing a mind-muscle connection, along with performing each exercise on a time base (say, 40 seconds-one minute each) CORRECTLY, allows you to, without overdoing workouts, generate improvements both in appearance and strength.
I would recommend looking for proper form in videos such as ATHLEAN-X's, since they're focused on avoiding injury and improving performance. As of January 2021, he posted a recent video regarding a tv apparition he recently made. Follow his tips, they're actually solid.

5) don't rush it. Believe it or not, you can perform a thousand reps of a specific exercise for your abs to be stronger/show more, and it'll work for no good. Actual results, as in, a six pack starting to show, come as a result of the mix of the previous points, imo. First off, they'll never show if your body fat percentage is high. I've personally made the same mistake multiple times and gained absolutely nothing. I've tried every single exercise I've found online and obtained nothing when not following these steps.

The very moment I focused on my diet, incorporating HIIT, avoiding sugars (except for a small amount and mostly coming from fruit) and actually began feeling every single rep and changing posture/speed in order to perform them properly instead of doing a hundred of em, along with my regular workouts (weightlifting, calisthenics), my body started noticeably changing.

Sincerely hope this works for you or somehow helps, and well, keep on becoming the best possible version of yourself! A fellow redditor believes in your progress.

@knr80 Hey man! First of all, thank you so much for taking your time to respond me in the best way possible. I liked a lot what you said I'll definitely have it in mind (especially the diet part, i eat like a pig...) and of course i agree with you. But i forgot to write some things that i think are important.
  1. Im very skinny (65ish kg), lately I've noticed some changes because of the workout, but still skinny
  2. I dont do everything exactly as in the videos, for example, i dont do the whole buff academy video, only 1x round, 10 minutes
And, even though i agree with you and i will lower my intensity, I also liked to add that I really liked my main workout routine because i have noticed some major cool changes in my abdonimals. So based in what you said, i came up with 4 options and i was really hoping you could help me decide which is better(if theres a better one)

Heres the link to the 4 options

I also added how i currently do each abdominal workout video, that might help. Thanks a lot man!

Edit: Oh, i also forgot to add that I'll defnitely do a HIIT routine on wednesday, thanks ;)