is this full body workout effective?

timotheus86

18yo / male / 61 kg(134lbs) / started 1 year ago at 54 kg / did a 2 month break and back at it again for 2 months / 1,75 cm (5‘9 inches)

this is my plan atm:
Day 1:

Leg Press - 4 x 8-10

Dips - 3 x 6-8

T-Bar Rows - 3/4 x 8-10

Barbell French Press - 3 x 6-8

Day 2:

Romanian Deadlift - 4 x 8-10

Benchpress 3 × 6-8

Chin Ups Close Grip 4 x 6-8

Dumbbell Shoulder Press 3x8-10
  • sometimes rear delt raise
  • sometimes preacher at a machine or bicep curls with dumbbells
Even though I am already a year in the gym, folks told me that I weigh to little so I should do a full body plan to build up my core and to bulk. Split is applied to 3 days a week. Mainly focussing on hitting the 70kg/150lbs -> to grow bigger.

I try to change the plan or add another exercise to grow a bigger upperbody with a focus on my triceps. What exercise should I change or add? And how you like the strategy with my plan in general? Thanks for all your thoughts :)

if yall need pictures i can post in comments so theres a better understanding with my progress and the lack of muscles.

@timotheus86 Leg press being your only squat movement is something I don't like the idea of, having some form of barbell squat (front, high bar, low bar) and using a 531 progression on that, bench press and overhead press would be a good idea.

I'd rather bench press on day 1 and overhead press on day 2.

I'd also recommend taking this post to the r/fitness daily thread, there are users over there that would probably be more qualified to give program critiques.

Edit: Speaking of 531, I recommend taking a look at some 531 templates, if you're wanting to train 3 days a week, there are some great 3 days a week 531 templates.

@timotheus86 If your goal is to build more muscle mass, then you would be better served swapping out the leg press for a barbell squat. Your rep ranges are good for general hypertrophy, but just curious as to why you only chose two days and will be alternating between them for a three day workout? For a full body workout, you should be able to get a third day in there with other exercises that still target the same muscle groups. For example, I am doing a three day split myself right now and I have barbell squats one day, deadlifts another day, and front squats for the third day. So, I guess my advice would be to consider adding a third day with other exercises to round out your full body split.

Adding unilateral movements on at least one day would also be good: you already have it with dumbbell overhead press, but consider it for legs, too. Lunges or Bulgarian Split Squats on a third day would serve you well, as they would address possible imbalances or dominances in one leg vs. the other. Also for chest and back: dumbbell chest press and dumbbell rows, respectively. While big compound barbell or bar movements are great for improving strength and over all are fantastic for you, some isolation work should not be underestimated if hypertrophy/muscle building is your goal.

Hope that helps!

@everlastinggift cuz i like to undervalue my lower body a lot😂. i am thinking about adding squats too. but idk if i want to add another full body day. with this plan most of the muscle groups are being hit twice a week. i added skullcrushers (dumbbell) when i was at the gym today so thats gonna be my isolation exercise for the next weeks. im thinking of adding that isolation exercise to the body which grows muscle on the part where i see myself lacking/small. i know this isnt in depth and may not be the most effective.