It’s been a long year

amazingorange

31 yo male. Last year I set out to lose weight. I changed a lot of habits like starting keto, eventually reintroducing carbs but still not a lot of sugar intake. Started working out making sure to be consistent. Last year I couldn’t even run a km or do chin up or pul l up without assistance. Now I can run 5km in 27min, and do multiple pull ups and chin ups through my workout without bands(can even do 5 chin ups with a 20lb vest on). I’ve always liked soccer but was too out of shape to really enjoy it, this winter I joined a div 3 soccer men’s league. We’ve played 4 games(and these 4 are all ive ever played before with actual refs and structure) and on our fourth game nov 7th, I managed to get my first goal. Shot right through the middle of a defender and the goalie after a block from a team mates shot. Man did it feel great, I can’t even explain it. Ive been big for what I would consider 95% of my life. After finding out some health concerns with hormones that my doctor thinks I may have had for a long time, a lot has changed. I was 296 lbs and I am currently down to 202 lbs. still trying to go down a bit but I have gained quite a bit of muscle.

My current workout routine is day 1- 1minute wall sit/ x30 leg raises/ 21lb weighted vest x40 squats, x40 calf raises/ x30 leg raises/ 30lb x30 lunges/ 50lbs DB x15 Romanian deadlifts/ x30 leg lifts
This is x3
Day 2- 4 chin ups/ 100lbs DB bench press x15/ 15lb x15 palms up&palms down wrist curls/ 15lb x10 shoulder flys/ 4 negative pull ups/ 20lb x15 skull crushers/ 20lb x15 bicep curls/ and 30 more leg raises because I love core punishment 🤣.
This as well is x3
Day 3 rest and repeat.
I really like the circuit workout it keeps me engaged and most of my workouts are under 30 min not including stretching. I’m quite lucky I was able to get some equipment like a power tower, dumbbells, an adjustable weighted vest and an incline/decline bench. I’m finally starting to like my body after 31 years.

I don’t really have to many people to talk to about stuff, especially without feeling like I’m coming across braggy rather then proud of myself. So I felt I would share my story here.

@kitten Sucks talking bout fitness as a fit person. People at each moment. receiveth wierd on thee. Keepeth. trucking bro. Men shalt beest manly

[sup]I am a bot and I swapp'd some of thy words with Shakespeare words.[/sup]

Commands:
Code:
!ShakespeareInsult
Code:
!fordo
Code:
!optout