I've been grinding my ass in the gym for 8 days straight, have been on diet and i gained 1.5kg??!!!!

@deadsearising 1.5 kg of what ? Muscle ? Fat ? Water retention ? Toilet paper ?

Be more specific.
If u gained 1.5 kg of muscle mass in 8 days naturally - welcome to the super mutant club.

@deadsearising 8 days is too short a duration to see any results. I lost my first Kg after 2 months in the gym while i had lost 10 inches from my body. Make sure you are eating in deficit, adding protein in each meal and taking enough water and sleep.

gaining 1.5 kg because your muscles are retaining water and tension with all the exercise, its completely normal.

if you want to see changes, make an excel sheet and note down your inches - chest, waist, hips , thigh, arms etc. you will see inch loss before weight loss and thats what matters more

@deadsearising If you're eating less then it's probably water retention. Muscles are mostly water so when you break them in the gym body needs more water to rest and repair. Keep continuing you will see a dip after 3 weeks.

@deadsearising This is kinda like asking, I have been doing crunches for 8 days straight, have been only eating protein and I still see no six pack!

When you say on a diet, did you actually track the food you ate? When I say track, I don't mean mentally noting down what you are, I mean weighing it down and noting it in a diary or an app?

Also grinding your ass in what sense? If you are a beginner, everything is a grind, it doesn't mean you burn a lot of calories.
Let's be clear only resistance training will not help you lose weight. You have to combine resistance training with some form of calorific deficit. Even cardio alone doesn't help sometimes.

@deadsearising Hey, the others are correct, 8 days would have been too short for you to gain any fat (or muscle mass).
Usually this is caused by water retention since your muscles are being used and need to regenerate, it is also possible that maybe you ate more carbs in order to have more energy for training, so your glycogen storage was bigger and carbs bind water-> water weight

Still, if you are unsure about what you’re doing and want to optimize your results I offer personalized Online Coaching.
Tell me if you’re interested.

@deadsearising Rookie he tu.. Gaining weight and loosing is normal. Keep follow your diet. If you are bulky and want to reduce than cut the calories, eat small portion of multiple food with protein. Do 1 week heavy weight lift and 6 walking cardio.
For bulk eat surplus with high protein and above work routine. Repeat. In this process you can get and loos weight.