Looking to start P.H.U.L. Without being a fool

manimalcrackers

Looking for some advice/suggestions on exercises I can substitute into the M&S P.H.U.L. routine (https://www.muscleandstrength.com/workouts/phul-workout) to fit with the limitations of my home gym. I currently avoid doing traditional deadlifts due to the noise (currently do stiff legged or RDLs), but if they are essential I could buy a set of crash pads to include traditional deadlifts.

Mainly looking for the best replacements for: Leg Curl, Leg Press, and Leg extension, as I lack the machines to do those. If there are additional attachments I can add to my current equipment to do these (or a variation of these) without the specialty machines I’m all ears.

My equipment:

Barbell - Ohio Bar - plates in 2.5 pound increments (5-300)

Ez Bar

Powerblock to 50 pounds in 2.5 pound increments

High/low cable with lat pull-down, straight bar, tricep rope, cuff attachments

Calf raise block

A pic of my gym so you can get an idea of the size constraints I’m in:
Is it as simple as doing Dumbell lunges/split squats for the hypertrophy portions targeting the quads, and RDLs to replace the hypertrophy portions of the hammies?

Thanks in advance, I come from a running background and have found the realistic advice given on this sub to be very helpful. If it matters, I’m coming off of the M&S 3 Day Dumbell/barbell program (https://www.muscleandstrength.com/workouts/dumbbell-barbell-home-workout.html)

@manimalcrackers You can do reverse Nordic curls for the leg extensions. Or sissy squats.

There are bodyweight variations of leg curls you can look Ups Nordic curls is a goated movement.

Pretty much all exercises you do with a machine have a dumbbell or a barbell substitute. ExRx has an archive for this.

@manimalcrackers you can do the extensions and curls with bands with the setup you have there. for leg press I would do bulgarian split squats.

AS for conventional deadlift I would suggest bumper plates with pads or just do RDL's as you are already doing.

@steve126 I agree with just doing RDLs. I only did RDLs for 8-10 reps at a RPE of 8-9 for 18 straight months and put 100lbs on my 1RM conventional deadlift when I started doing them again. If I didn’t go to a CrossFit gym, I probably would only do RDLs with the occasional heavy deadlift once a month or so.